Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2013, 07:05 AM

Default Installers not in Avid Account, computer won't read DVDs

I am having problems with my Pro Tools Student version. My main problem being my Avid account for some reason has vanished, which has now left me unable to access any of my downloads. As the disks that I got keep getting ejected if I insert them into my macbook. Now am in situation were my Avid emails to my yahoo account have somehow disappeared leaving me without my password and when I tried to get new one I was informed account doesn't exist. I haven't a clue whats going on as Avid do not have a contactable email address on the website.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 AM

Default Re: pro tools student

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrazerK View Post
I am having problems with my Pro Tools Student version. My main problem being my Avid account for some reason has vanished, which has now left me unable to access any of my downloads. As the disks that I got keep getting ejected if I insert them into my macbook. Now am in situation were my Avid emails to my yahoo account have somehow disappeared leaving me without my password and when I tried to get new one I was informed account doesn't exist. I haven't a clue whats going on as Avid do not have a contactable email address on the website.
If you need them,
You can order replacement disks here:
http://shop.avid.com/store/product.d...07527273757344

Or download The Full installers here:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-3-4-Downloads

As for contacting Avid, its very difficult. They used to have a free support service, but now we have to pay.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Installers not in Avid Account, computer won't read DVDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrazerK View Post
There are a lot of companies that won't deal with people who use free email accounts like Yahoo because a lot of spam comes from them so such accounts get blacklisted as a rule. Try using a real email address instead.

QAPLA!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Installers not in Avid Account, computer won't read DVDs

the full installers - you don't need any login just look in the technical alerts in this forum