Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-03-2009, 12:19 PM

Question pro tools and microphone record thing

hello :)

question 1)
when i try to record someone.. if pro tools are stopped and the record is enabled on the channel.. i can hear him... but when i press play (without record, with the record button enabled on channel), i can't hear him.. so i have to press record then play and then i hear him..... so... when someone enters the mic booth... i just want him to sing so i will take some levels before i record.... so any tip for playback and hear the microphone too without recording ?

question 2)
sometimes my loop stops working.. i just select an area and it doesnt loop.. it stops.. and i see some orange color markers style thing.... i dont understand why this stuff happens ? so i have to close the session then reopen it and then select a loop for loop it all over and it loops, BUT if i click on a waveform and press play.. i dont know if it loops it.. some stuff like this anyway. any tips? what do i need to click.. for just have my loop working fine again ? (i could find that if i searched.. i guess.. but i just didnt searched yet so i just thought to ask)

i use digi 003 factory and pt 8 cs3

thanks all for ur replies
peace
Old 09-03-2009, 12:32 PM

Default Re: pro tools and microphone record thing

1) There are 2 different input monitoring modes: Input Only and Auto Input.. It sounds like you are in Input Only so switch to Auto Input..

2) Not sure what you mean. Your description is hopelessly confusing... Do you mean loop playback (when there is a loop icon on the play button on the transport)?
Old 09-03-2009, 12:40 PM

1) if you dont have a mixer i would suggest sending the channel you're recording
via the sends to another AUX channel by bus
and sending this channel to out 1-2 BUT put this channel on very low level so you won't get into phase issue.

that way you have constant communication with the singer

goodluck
Old 09-03-2009, 01:22 PM

Thanks for your replies! i will check out what u both said tommorow at studio.

flommer: yes, i mean loop playback. i have the play always on loop playback, but sometimes it just dont works, and some orange things like markers appears, must be some option, didnt searched much about this. Maybe it's something with the link timeline and edit selection button, but dunno, i will search it again when it happens again and stop loops.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoolsfanatic View Post
Thanks for your replies! i will check out what u both said tommorow at studio.

flommer: yes, i mean loop playback. i have the play always on loop playback, but sometimes it just dont works, and some orange things like markers appears, must be some option, didnt searched much about this.
For Loop playback to work you need a selection in the timeline. If your "Link EDit and Timeline Selection" is off, then you can have a region highlighted or selection in the track, but no selection in the Timeline... Check if that is the problem... If you Use Dynamic transport, I think it automatically unlinks edit and timeline..
Old 09-03-2009, 01:39 PM

Thanks flommer, i will check it out.

peace
Old 09-04-2009, 12:15 AM

correction :

i just took you the hard way

just open new AUX track with the same input and put it on very low level

:)