Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2008, 12:57 PM

Default Anyone using Stylus with their PT rig?

I'm diving, for the first time, into the world of software synths etc and am having a few issues. I am hoping that some other PTHD users have found solutions and can share them.

I bought Spectrasonics Atmosphere, Trilogy and Stylus. I've had no issues with Atmosphere and it sounds amazing btw. Trilogy has caused PT to crash a couple times, but I'm not worried about that for the moment. What I'm concerned about is that Stylus tells me I'm out of memory OR just stops being able to load new grooves etc after a little use. It's not being used in any session with a ton of rtas plug ins etc so I'm not sure what the deal is.

My computer is well equipped with a core2quad Q9450 and 4 gigs of memory etc. I have gone down the PT checklist and optimized my rig for PT. I would assume that if my rig is optimized for PT it would be pretty much set up to be as efficient as possible for Stylus too, but I could be wrong.

I'd love to hear from others who are using Stylus and what you've done to use it successfully with your HD rig.

thanks.