Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 09-17-2019, 07:41 PM

Default Re: What happened to my plugins?

Great!

And realize in the last few posts you have several folks here who can help a lot with many problems, but this may be on that needs support staff help to look into accounts etc. But lets try to make progress here as well. We all especially want to know what is in your Avid.com Avid account product download page.

If stuff is not making sense or you don't understand what some acronym means just ask. If are question you do not understand then just say... they may be key. We don't want to spend many paragraphs explaining everything all the time... but will if you need help.

Oh dear an Australian (I'm an Australian, living in California) Yes Avid international support can be a PITA, but you can open an ASC and work via email.

If you get into situations again like where it seems support folks drop the ball, then post the incident number here (post the number regardless as soon as you have it) and folks can likely get help for you (and not infrequently support email ends up in spam folders etc. so apparent lack of response is not aways support's problem).

This is an interesting puzzle, I expect it will look simple once solved.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Great!

And realize in the last few posts you have several folks here who can help a lot with many problems, but this may be on that needs support staff help to look into accounts etc. But lets try to make progress here as well. We all especially want to know what is in your Avid.com Avid account product download page.

If stuff is not making sense or you don't understand what some acronym means just ask. If are question you do not understand then just say... they may be key. We don't want to spend many paragraphs explaining everything all the time... but will if you need help.

Oh dear an Australian (I'm an Australian, living in California) Yes Avid international support can be a PITA, but you can open an ASC and work via email.

If you get into situations again like where it seems support folks drop the ball, then post the incident number here (post the number regardless as soon as you have it) and folks can likely get help for you (and not infrequently support email ends up in spam folders etc. so apparent lack of response is not aways support's problem).

This is an interesting puzzle, I expect it will look simple once solved.
It seems that all facets of IT in Australia are about 20 years behind.

I actually have a bit on info regarding my account download page that might be of interest.

I have visited the downloads page frequently lately (as I need to download everything onto my new computer) and have been having issues with downloads not showing up in there.

Avid support has been helping me and emailing me a lot, a couple of weeks ago, there were no downloads for pro tools at all showing up on my accounts download page. I have been in contact with Avid, who have been trying their best to restore all of the proper installers to my downloads page [case 03774065]

I closed the case a few days ago, because I thought that all the downloads I should have were showing up.
Since I am not very familiar with Avids accounts and downloads, I am actually not sure what downloads I should and shouldn't have.
Pro tools 10,11, and PT 2018 showed up a while ago, so I then assumed that everything was right and had been fixed, hence why I told them to close the case.

I'm thinking now it may be possible that I am still missing a few things from the downloads page.

I'm a bit of a boob for not thinking of this earlier.

I will still give a thorough response to your earlier post when I get home tonight.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:56 AM

Quote:
What is the list of every plugin you are having problem with?
As far as I am aware of, Black Op Distortion, C1 Chorus/Vibrato, Orange Phaser, Studio Reverb and Tape Echo

Quote:
What is the *exact* text of the error message you get?
"One or more tracks contain plug-ins that don't exist in your plug in folder."

*the box lists all of the aforementioned plugins*

"Would you like to visit the Avid Marketplace to acquire the missing plug-in(s) for activation?"

Quote:
For both of these computers: What is the exact version of Pro Tools, the exact OS, and the exact version of ILM.
New computer is running OSX 10.14.5, Pro Tools 2018.3.0, ILM 5.0.3 GM

My laptop is running OSX 10.8.5, Pro tools 11.3.2, ILM 3.1.7.899

Quote:
Did you install or Pro Tools *First* on any of these computers? At any time, before or after Pro Tools standard? Is it still installed?

Is there any chance at all you are accidentally running Pro Tools First when you think you are starting Pro Tools 11? Check what the splash screen or "About" box says.
I am certain that I have never downloaded pro tools first, and have never had it installed on either computer

Quote:
What standard/basic troubleshooting have you done? Trash Prefs? Reinstalled Pace ILM?

How many iLoks do you own? Are they all listed in your iLok account?
I have not done any troubleshooting, as I have no idea where to start. Most issues with DAW's are googleable and have decent results on how to troubleshoot, or optimise your system to avoid the problem being faced.
Googling this came up with nothing (perhaps I'm using the wrong search terms?)

I will trash prefs and reinstall pace ILM following making this post (I have currently done neither)

I only own one ilok and only have one ilok account

Quote:
What are all the plugins showing up in your Avid account? Not stuff you find on the web, but actually listed in your Avid account on Avid.com for download?
I am presuming that I am correct in checking this by clicking on the "my products," section of Avids website.

Under the "plug ins," section of the pro tools drop down menu, I have:

First AIR Instruments Bundle 18.10 Installer (Win) 1.25 GB

First AIR Effects Bundle 18.8.1 Installer (Win) 98.08 MB

First AIR Effects Bundle 12.0 Installer (Mac) 123.66 MB

First AIR Effects 2018.4 Win (ZIP) 98.03 MB

First AIR Instruments 2018.3 Mac (DMG 1.1 GB

First AIR Instruments 2018.3 Win (ZIP) 1.25 GB

XPand!2 2018.1.1 Mac (DMG) 1.12 GB

XPand!2 2018.10 (Win) 1.23 GB

Please tell me if I have not given you the information you were searching for in regards to this, and I will take a screen grab of my products page

This one might be inaccurate, as I have been having trouble with getting all of my downloads on this page (as mentioned in my previous post)

Quote:
In your Avid Account on Avid.com what is listed under "Order History" be sure to look under each year it lists. What is under "Cancelled and Expired Subscription"? Copy and past that ASCII text here.

You purchased something... so if that is not showing up in your Avid account can you find the receipt, of confirmation email. What *exactly* does that say?
My order history lists absolutely nothing except for 2017 which contains the ASC that I purchased.

i did not buy Pro tools from avids website, but from a third party seller, I don't know if this would have an impact on my order history.

The "Cancelled and Expired Subscription," page is completely blank

Quote:
Plugins like Orange Phaser will not normally work without an iLock authorization. So if they are working on one computer you must have an authorization on your iLok (or via the cloud for newer Pro Tools Releases, after 2018... I don't think you can license plugins via the cloud with Pro Tools 11) ... I don't care it does not work on the other computer for now. Make some progress by trying to finding the iLok authorization that is letting it work at all... what exactly is that? Is it part of say the Avid Complete Plugin bundle? Where is it on your iLok or now in your iLok account. Post a screenshot of the details of that licenses.
I know I must sound like a broken record, but my ILM has never, ever contained licenses for these plugins When opening ILM on my laptop, it looks exactly the same as in the picture I posted in this thread (Except with "macbook," listed instead of "pauls imac." macbook has zero authorisations)

I have attached a screenshot of this, and have opened both orange phaser and black op distortion in the background to show that they are running with no licenses. I might really be missing something, but I am so sure that these plugins are and have always been working without any listed ilok licenses. As far as I am aware, my ILM has looked exactly the same for the past two years.

Quote:
Could you have purchased an individual plugins on the other computer (maybe even via Pro Tools First?) from the online marketplace. Any chance you did that? Any chance somebody else using the computer did?

Any chance you have multiple Avid accounts or iLok accounts, maybe without realizing it? Maybe using different email addresses? Anybody else use these computers also have and have an Avid account?
I have never purchased any plugins from avid, in fact I don't think I've ever made a purchase on Avids website apart from the ASC in 2017.

My laptop is mine and has never been a shared device. I have never lived with anybody who would have even known what avid is.

My email address is [email protected], and as you might be able to tell from reading it, I created it when I was 10 years old. It is the only email account I have ever used, I think I created a gmail in order to get a youtube account, but I don't even know what that email address is and as such have never used it.

I have no idea how it would be possible that I have another avid account apart from this, and as stated, I have never lived with anybody who would even know what avid is.

please let me know if I should post any more screen grabs of anything

Thanks again.

<3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 5.50.27 PM.jpg (57.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-18-2019, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Nelthorpe View Post
New computer is running OSX 10.14.5, Pro Tools 2018.3.0
This is not supported. Find compatibility information here
Old 09-18-2019, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
This is not supported. Find compatibility information here
I am aware.

I mentioned this in my opening post.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:55 AM

Yea, not the cause for your trouble here, just sayin.

You should find out what kind of subscription you have had that is now expired. It does not make any sense that ilok authorised plugins would "somehow" open without a license.

The least of your problems is installing the plugins on your new system. Even if you did, without licenses they would not open.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Yea, not the cause for your trouble here, just sayin.

You should find out what kind of subscription you have had that is now expired. It does not make any sense that ilok authorised plugins would "somehow" open without a license.

The least of your problems is installing the plugins on your new system. Even if you did, without licenses they would not open.
Have I not provided enough evidence that these plugins appear to be opening without a license?

I'm really not trying to be an ass But I feel like I'm showing you a green piece of wood, and you are saying "No, wood is not green, your piece of wood does not exist."
I get that this is what you know, but... I'm showing it to you.

Asking me to "find out what kind of subscription I had," is very vague, and to me that just means reopening my ILM and taking yet another picture to prove that I am indeed running the plugins without the licenses.

Is there any other way to check my subscriptions other than everything that has already been mentioned here?
Old 09-18-2019, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Nelthorpe View Post
Have I not provided enough evidence that these plugins appear to be opening without a license?
I have never heard of those being license free so in case you got some promo that I am not aware ever even existed then you better contact Avid and ask them to send you the special installers you have lost.

The installers in the Complete Plugin Bundle however require a license.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:45 AM

If you mean this, you should have the licenses somewhere
Old 09-18-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
If you mean this, you should have the licenses somewhere
I just checked pro tools on my laptop.

It has every single one of those 'stomp box,' plugins.