Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2017, 05:36 AM

Default now Waves plugins won't load at all.

Guys, I swear this might be the last leg of my journey with Pro Tools. This last upgrade has had so many problems I don't know if I can do it any more. I'm just depressed about it now even if I have been using PT since 2002. The plugins I use the most are Waves.

I upgraded to 10.3.10, started getting intermittent instances where the Waves plugs wouldn't load. It said I didn't have a license but I do. Restart Pro Tools and there they are. But who wants to have to restart PT every time they go to another session?

So I uninstalled all the Waves plugs and Waves Central, and installed Waves Central 9.6 as suggested. Everything seemed to have installed just fine, but when I opened PT it skipped loading Waves, and nothing loaded. Every single one of my sessions that has Waves plugins on it is just a bunch of blank slots.

I worked with it for a long time, rebooting the whole computer, starting and restarting PT, uninstalling and reinstalling Waves and nothing at all would work.

So then I gave up and restored the computer to a couple of days ago thinking at least that I could continue to work on something at at least. Only one problem, Waves still won't load into PT even after restoring. The plugins are there - I can see them in explorer, but they will not load.

I'm really trying to be calm and not have a meltdown, but I've had issues now for two weeks after five years of flawless performance, and ten years of flawless performance on my previous system (which still works btw). I just don't understand how this could be happening.

Please, anyone help me.

Kind words of assurance will also help. I need to know that this can be fixed. I'm not an IT guy. I know enough about computers to be dangerous, but that's it. I just want to get back to making music.

PS - I do have a ticket in with Waves too, but so far all he told me to do was back my license up to a jump drive. I'm not too sure they understand my problem.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:50 AM

Default Re: now waves won't load at all.

This really sounds like a Waves support issue. I'd press back at them. They need to help get you up and running provided that you're adhering to all their guidelines. (i.e. you're on a supported OS/PT config)

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:54 AM

Hi,

Some of my waves licences stopped showing licences a few weeks back as well after years of working fine. I re download the licences from waves onto my USB stick and most worked again.

Have you done that? Re down loaded you're licences?

What version waves are you running?

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:54 AM

Hi friend !!

Sorry to hear that .

What version of waves do you have ( not the waves central version ) ?

And what method of authorization ?

I have a gold bundle that ive used since it was released . They are working good right now but sometimes they get a little problematic in PT ( in my case )

All i do is to clear the waves cache file and preferences and they work fine again . Ive seen this the lastest version mostly on my system because with the old versions didnt have this strugle . As i said is sometimes only, very rare

Use protools trasher , is more easy to do with it .

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=316863

ALSO the lastest waves installer do not works on PT10 . So is that is the case you have to do an offline installer so you can istall the last version that is compatible with PT10 .

http://www.waves.com/support/how-to-...n-pro-tools-10

And last runs PT as admin always , ive seen in some cases here that the tweak resolved some plugins issues .

Hope this helps !
Old 07-28-2017, 06:36 AM

Default now waves won't load at all.

Yes this happened to me as well , and I haven't upgraded anything.

I had to update my waves plugs and then they still wouldn't register.

Once I Rebooted the system, I had to Rescan, for each waveshell that I had (I had 2 different ones) - and that was a Waves pop up dialog box while PT was loading.

After that all is looking normal again
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:21 AM

I honestly don't know what version of waves I have. I don't know how to check that. I do know that when I installed 9.6 of waves central, it said it was updating the plugins. I didn't buy them all at the same time, but over the span of several years. I have Gold and then several other standalone plugins and I use them all, a lot.

I am going to press Waves too, but I got to do something in the meantime.

The thing with putting the licenses on the USB stick - do you have to leave that stick plugged in all the time afterwards? Sometimes USB sticks interfere with my iLok.

As far as the Trasher - what does this do and what do I need to do to get PT to see the plugins and load them? not sure I understand this.

YYR, you mention Rescan... what is this?

Thanks for your replies.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveleye View Post
The thing with putting the licenses on the USB stick - do you have to leave that stick plugged in all the time afterwards?

As far as the Trasher - what does this do and what do I need to do to get PT to see the plugins and load them? not sure I understand this.

YYR, you mention Rescan... what is this?

I love the USB method, and I put it on a free slot and never take it out. It has been painless.

Trasher deletes the plugin database and thus forces a rescan (Avid) when reloading PT the next time

When the Waves notification popped up saying I had no valid licenses- it says connect to Waves Central and then Rescan....then you get another dialog box...Click Rescan and you hopefully will be good
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:29 AM

Hi there . I think waves central would tell you what version you have installed ( not shure ) .

The PT trasher is a very usefull app made by guitardom . Its a utitlity to trash preferences and databases and a few more things with the added feature of deleting waves plugins cache and preferences too . Just install it and follow the main screen . Its very friendly .

After deleting waves cache and preferences . If we are lucky PT would scan them again . If not there is something else happening there . Just try to do every tip everyone gives you here .

p.s. sorry for the eco YYR !
Old 07-28-2017, 07:49 AM

Ok, at one point I tried to follow directions to trash the preferences, but I must have done it wrong. I trust guitardom so I'll try that.
When I thought I had manually trashed the preferences, I ran PT again and it just opened up as if Waves were not even there.

Maybe I'm getting technical, but how does PT know to look for Waves after running Trasher, especially if it didn't know to scan for them before?

I guess I will just have to try it and hope for the best.

I'm at work now adding to the frustration. I swear this stuff is going to be the end of me sometimes.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:53 AM

Dont worry too much . Unless you delete the waveshell file(s) from the PT 10 plugins folder , PT would load them again at some point after deleting cache and preferences .