Old 08-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Avid Downloads NOT working

I just tested this from home on 2 browsers with this setup:

Mac OS X 10.9.4
Cable modem
Firefox v31.0 and Safari 7.0.5
Logged into my Avid account
Downloaded the Pro Tools 11.2 installer (844MB) in 2 minutes on Firefox, 3 minutes on Safari.

Maybe it's because I have Oracle Java installed:
System Preferences > Java > Java Control Panel > Update: Java 8 Update 11

When you get to your Avid account products where the downloads are, try flushing the cached page, buy holding pressing shift+Command+R to reload the page.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:32 PM

I updated my java and theres no java 8 update 11 it only goes to java 7 update 67 for me. I don't know what the problem an nothings helping me get Pro Tools 11 downloaded. Not cool.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Admin Emeritus

I still think you might be looking at a cached page with an expired download link. The secured download links expire after a certain time, and are then automatically regenerated to a new link.

I would try restarting your computer, then follow the steps I gave above to flush your Products page with the downloads in your Avid account:
shift+Command+R

One other thing you could try is to click on the Pro Tools 11 link at the top of the forum, and then on the free trial download. You won't need the trial license, but that should at least get you to the Pro Tools 11 installer download.

And you are right, the Oracle Java for Mac installer download that shows up at www.java.com does say "Java 7 Update 67.pkg".
I installed a version 8 from their site from here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...iew/index.html
Old 08-12-2014, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
I still think you might be looking at a cached page with an expired download link. The secured download links expire after a certain time, and are then automatically regenerated to a new link.

I would try restarting your computer, then follow the steps I gave above to flush your Products page with the downloads in your Avid account:
shift+Command+R

One other thing you could try is to click on the Pro Tools 11 link at the top of the forum, and then on the free trial download. You won't need the trial license, but that should at least get you to the Pro Tools 11 installer download.

And you are right, the Oracle Java for Mac installer download that shows up at www.java.com does say "Java 7 Update 67.pkg".
I installed a version 8 from their site from here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...iew/index.html
I tried all of this, same result..."page can not be found" I've deleted my firefox caches, downloaded the latest version of java, restarted my computer after all of that, still get the "page not found" when I click on (Pro Tools 11.2 Installer (Mac) (843.84 MB)) on the "product details and download links" page. What am I doing wrong? I registered everything the correct way, I have the ilok in place, the only thing that's holding me back is the JANKY avid download page. WHY does avid have to be so complicated with the download process? I've never had so much trouble downloading a piece of software, its absolutely ridiculous.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:50 AM

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum (hello!) and I've been having these EXACT same issues. I tried every one of the proposed solutions and nothing worked UNTIL (read below)...

Most of my work is done at my home / home studio. That's where I encountered the problems and tried all the offered solutions, to no avail. I also teach at a music school one day a week. (That's where I'm writing from right now.) I brought my laptop to the school and as soon as I tried it from here, it worked immediately.

I'm only moderately internet-savvy, but this leads me to believe that my ISP is blocking access for some reason. I've been getting cranky at Avid the past few days, but it turns out my grumpiness may have been misdirected - maybe it's my ISP's fault.

Can someone else try this? Simply bring your laptop to another place with WiFi (work, coffee shop, etc) and see if it works.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:20 PM

Has anyone tried downloading from another location yet? Curious to see if this solution works for other folks.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:45 PM

Default 11.2.1 Download Struggle

is anyone besides me getting a "THIS PAGE NOT AVAILABLE" message from http://akmedia.digidesign.com ??? I click the update link and can't get there. All day.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:49 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: 11.2.1 Download Struggle

I just tested it from home on my own avid account, and downloaded the Pro Tools 11.2.1 for Windows installer in around 3 or 4 minutes.

Have you tried refreshing the page with the link on it in your Avid account before clicking on the download link? The links do expire after a certain amount of time, so that may help.

To refresh the page, hold down Control+Shift+R (I think) on Windows. It's Command+Shift+R on a Mac.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:55 PM

Default Cannot download the 11.2 update

I log into my Avid account and click on the blue lined 11.2 update but I keep getting server not available...Please help.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Avid

Default Re: Cannot download the 11.2 update

Both Pro Tools 11.2 Installer (Mac) (843.84 MB) and Pro Tools 11.2 Installer (Win) (969.07 MB) are downloading correctly here.

What browser/version are you using? If clearing your browser's cache/cookies doesn't help, and other browsers don't work, please reply with the exact file URL you are trying to access (right+click the link then Copy Link Location).

Thanks,
JC