Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Best Plugs from the Upgrade PLUS offer ?

I think i'll go for the Pultec Bundle, they can't beat the Urs ones but for that price, i can live with it.
What to choose as second one ? Smack , Slightly Rude or Synchronic ?
I never used them before and i never bought a plug i never used before to, so i'm abit in the dark here. I'm always missed some 'beat-loop'-tool in protools( till i got Guru, but it's a bit a cpu hog ) so my first choice goes to Synchronic.
Any users here who wants to give some comments ? How good is the Smack comp? I use BF 1176,SC2 and Fairchild 660 on moust of my sessions, could the Smack or Rude be a nice addon?

Greetz
Old 11-14-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Best Plugs from the Upgrade PLUS offer ?

No offense, but there're about a million posts regarding this very subject (I know 'cause I've done the search), going back to the announcement. I'll bite anyway and dole out a little helpful, IMHO, advice:

Download the demos and try them out. That's the best way to decide what's right for you, 'cause you'll get a thousand opinions (as you'll see with the search) on what's good and what's not. Me? The only one of interest I didn't demo (though I did go through the download and all) was the Pultec bundle. I actually went with that and Smack. I was torn on getting DINR, but it was really a coin toss. However, I felt that I'd get something that I'd likely use on a more regular basis, and DINR would be used, not just every now and then for transfers and such. I'll likely just buy that or something along those lines like SoundSoap. Synchronic, while a nice program, is not something I could see using but once in a blue moon.

I really like my choices, though you could also take the approach of getting something you'd use but isn't a priority, creatively or financially. In that scenario, I'd pick Synchronic and DINR. YMMV.
Peace
Old 11-14-2005, 12:40 PM

Yes, there has been many posts but it's OK to write a few lines again.

I bought the Pultec Bundle and Syncronic.
I almost did not buy the Pultec bundle since I have Waves Rennaisance MaxX, I have LE Factory Bundle so many EQs as well as the new EQ III but I am still glad I bought the Pultec Bundle.
http://volcanojazz.com
http://myspace.com/volcanojazz
Old 11-14-2005, 12:49 PM

Which is why I did. I'm just saying you'll get even more info by checking out some of the older posts. Not everybody is going to recant their opinions. And to piggy back onto what you said, take stock of what you have. If you have similar plug-ins, then that should weigh in. Even though the new Dynamics III just came out, it's still different enough that I would still have picked Smack.
Peace
Old 11-14-2005, 12:54 PM

After much research, I grabbed Pultek and Smack. Most people didn't like Rude and the general consensis was DINR is not quite there yet, at least compared to X-Noise. Synchronic just wasn't for me but a lot of people went for it.