Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2004, 07:10 PM

Default new software compressor/EQ - part 2

He he....

Following on my Part 1 thread about Elemental Audio's Neodynium compressor, I'm now throwing you peeps a curve ball with yet another new plugin combo. This one is VST so get your FXP adapters ready (though the RTAS version is coming soon). Ladies and gentlemen, presenting the Sonalksis compressor and EQ. The Neodynium is superb in it's own right, but as you've all seen in the other thread, it works differently than your average compressor. This one here is more straightforward but absolutely fantastic, and perhaps the best EQ I've ever heard to date.

www.sonalksis.co.uk

Fully functioning 30-day demo (why can't all demos be like this, sigh...)

Enjoy!
Old 09-27-2004, 07:26 PM

Default Re: new software compressor/EQ - part 2

pk I know your a mac boy but you should post this stuff on the windows forum to . And I agree with the fully fuctioning demo part, it pisses me off when they put little quirks in the plug-in so you can't test it out to its full potential.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:40 PM

So it seems someone is in the market for new plug-ins ehh??

Thanks for posting these.I'm nearing the completion of a project and have been looking for "alternatives" to the norm.

I'll probably get torched for typing this but i plan on "mastering" everything myself...........yeah,yeah i know leave it to the pros!!!

This is a small project and i'd be happy selling 1 copy.

So far i've got PSP's VW and plan on getting this new Comp. and perhaps firium to round it out.Budget being THE Problem.

That'll give me a nice start EQ>Comp>Limiter............any suggestions on other software(non-ilok) for self mastering that might be of interest??

By the way.... What do you suggest i do for a distortion plugin?....for vox, drum loops etc.??

Keep'em coming

Old 09-27-2004, 07:48 PM

Hey ya'll, check out this blind test HERE!!! . It's got the Sonalksis Comp and a few we all have heard of. Pretty dang interesting....yes indeed!
Old 09-28-2004, 02:56 AM

Hi,

Sonalkis has been around for some time but I think the Mac Stuff is new (last half year?) or am I mislead?

Quote:

That'll give me a nice start EQ>Comp>Limiter............any suggestions on other software(non-ilok) for self mastering that might be of interest??

By the way.... What do you suggest i do for a distortion plugin?....for vox, drum loops etc.??

Hey Bee-man don´t let them lobbyists take you from mastering yourself, it might not sound as good at the beginning but if you never do it you´ll never learn!

for alternative Comps check out "Dynasone" from www.prosoniq.net . It´s a multiband and sounds great while being really inexpensive.

For Distortion, the best I ever used "Funklogic Masterizer", a real weapon that was released as a april joke.
If you search for that big pluggo OSX thread there are some priceless distorters, too, like "Bacon".
and the distorion free "LimoFive" limiter and other great tools.

Besides that I can only recommend a real analogue tube/filter or AnalogChannel from McDSP.
The Neodynium from EA also produces some fine distortion with the Limiter, I like it.

speaking of tubes you my want to try the Blue Tubes from www.nomadfactory.com
cool priceworthy stuff.

regs