Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2020, 04:29 PM

Default Forcing the cursor to start at the beginning of the song during playback

I am looking all over the place and I can't seem to find a simple, straight answer to this simple question:

"Is there a way to force the cursor to jump back to the very beginning of the song during playback?"

Please don't give me a complicated lecture about cursor placement and all that stuff. I'm new at this and each time I attempt to manually place the cursor at the beginning of the song, it's not really the ("beginning") of the song - it's a few notes in. Apparently, to get the beginning of the song, I have to zoom in several times to truly place the cursor at the very beginning of the song. (which is a pain in the butt). Surely there is a simple ways to make the stupid thing start at the very beginning of the song?