Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2010, 03:35 AM

Default Change playlists for multiple tracks in one go

Hi there,

I'm doing some very heavy editing in Pro Tools, which requires me to work between different track playlists.

I can select multiple tracks in Pro Tools and duplicate playlists in one go, however when I wish to revert to playlists, I have to go through each track individually and change each playlist. I'm just looking for a way to speed this up.

I am working on a television show, and am using 40+ Audio tracks. I am using an 003 Pro Tools LE system with the DV toolkit on an imac G5.

Many thanks in advance, I hope I made myself clear.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Change playlists for multiple tracks in one go

Have you tried grouping the tracks you want to change playlists on? Highlight all the tracks you want to change, command and G to set up the group, change from there.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:52 AM

Hi there thanks for response.

Yes sorry forgot to mention

I have created my tracks into a group, what seems odd is that I can create a new playlist and duplicate them fine, however it is when I am switching between playlists that they do not all switch together.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:42 AM

From memory, i think the playtlists have to be created at the same time with default naming convention.

So when you shift-option click to create multiple playlists you can then shift-option click to revert back to a playlist.

Were all the tracks created at the same time?
Old 02-08-2010, 05:48 AM

Brilliant I think I've found out the problem.

Although I did make the tracks at the same time, I did not shift alt and click.

I think I have solved it

Many many thanks!!!
Old 12-17-2013, 09:41 PM

I know this is a bump from a very old post, but I'm having the exact same issue.

I recorded 10 drum tracks simultaneously. Took 2-3 runs through the songs using playlists. However, I did not group the tracks until after tracking was done. All group functions work except switching between playlists together. It only switches one track at a time.

What is this "shift-alt-click" solution you figured out? I tried holding shift-alt while I select a new playlist, but it is the same. I'm using PT 10.3.7 by the way. Please help. I'm at the comping stage right now and need to be able to flip all 10 tracks between the different takes often for comparison. Doing it one track at a time is brutal. Please help!!