Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2020, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Sampling Rounding Bug and Workarounds - Pro Tools 2020.3

I wonder why they dont hire people who actually understand why things have to be a certain way, to work properly? They trumpet pro users in thier info all day long, yet these kind of bugs would NEVER OCCUR if the coding was supervised by an engineer who understood audio.....i guess its like worrying about janitorial, for them.....some guy somewhere does that job, maybe sorta.....whatever.
Almost all digital audio companies suffer from this, its next to impossible to find a programmer/coder who ACTUALLY understands audio and the whole process. you can hire a thousand people to write code all day long, but making it work in a pro audio box and sync with video/midi etc etc......its a janga code pile, and then someone pulls out the bottom stick, boom, midi doesnt work.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:08 PM

ProTools is a dream....imagine using an editor who designers focused ONLY on sound quality, and completely neglected the interface design, to the point where the 'clip gain' was 4 pages down in the pokey crazy old software?!?!?!? you wanna talk kookoo clock design.....and then hooked it to a 1995 based server, ProTools is a dream functionaly compared to most everything.
But really all they have to do, is put a super engineer in charge and have him/her VET EVERYTHING that gets released. problems solved.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt kirk View Post
I wonder why they dont hire people who actually understand why things have to be a certain way, to work properly? They trumpet pro users in thier info all day long, yet these kind of bugs would NEVER OCCUR if the coding was supervised by an engineer who understood audio.....
Exactly this! Same goes for Avid's Support Desk. Most of the time, they have NO CLUE what I'm talking about or how to properly troubleshoot. If I hear 'Trash prefs' one more time... That's why almost none of my reported problems ever get solved, and I'm completely tired of it!

To balance this off, the one department where I feel they're actually responsive and trying to get on top of things is the Eucon Surfaces area, with a very dedicated and knowledgeable product owner. They need to clone this guy to all of their other product branches!
Old 05-12-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxes View Post
I installed LUNA yesterday and so far it looks great, I haven't worked with it seriously as I have ongoing client projects to finish. But if they get their midi up to par, Avid and PT are history to me on that very day!
I'm sure Luna will be updated quickly in the midi area considering they have their own midi synths/instruments. The midi side of Pro Tools on the other hand needs an urgent tune up with improvements. They really need to get rid of this midi bug asap. As mentioned, I'm converting my projects to another DAW and I'm super close to jumping ship.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 05-12-2020, 11:23 AM

Have you guys seen the Update that Apple just released of Logic Pro? It's insane and beautiful. The best part is that it's all free. Fortunately for me, this is the DAW I have been contemplating switching over to.

Check it out here:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207735
more detailed note:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 05-13-2020, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evermore View Post
Have you guys seen the Update that Apple just released of Logic Pro? It's insane and beautiful. The best part is that it's all free. Fortunately for me, this is the DAW I have been contemplating switching over to.

Check it out here:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207735
more detailed note:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718
It would be nice if a serious company that takes care of users would acquire Pro Tools from Avid.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innesireinar View Post
It would be nice if a serious company that takes care of users would acquire Pro Tools from Avid.
Yes indeed! A company that would be able to put it's focus and resources only towards Pro Tools. Avid unfortunately has many apps(hardware too) to attend to(Media composer, Sibelius etc...) and probably the reason for slow PT features and updates.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 05-13-2020, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evermore View Post
Yes indeed! A company that would be able to put it's focus and resources only towards Pro Tools. Avid unfortunately has many apps(hardware too) to attend to(Media composer, Sibelius etc...) and probably the reason for slow PT features and updates.
The problem is the Avid policy. They are killing PT by asking more and more money from us. They treat us as money cash machine giving us the same old sw with bugs that have some decades. I think that this attitude is crazy from their side. I am too old and too lazy to learn another daw but due to their policy I stay away and I will stay away in the future from other their products. I konw dozens of producers who have left PT and other will. There are countries that rise taxes for balancing their public finances, but over a certain threshold companies and taxpayers move away in other countries. It reminds this.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:35 AM

Hey guys, longtime pro tools user and longtime lurker on the duc forum. I finally made an account just to post in solidarity that this bug has been driving me insane for years. By far the worst bug in PT, imo. Every new PT update I wonder if this'll be the one that finally fixes it, and it never is. I can't even explain the bug to people that use any other DAW because they literally can't wrap their heads around why PT would let this go

UGH
Old 05-14-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmusic View Post
Hey guys, longtime pro tools user and longtime lurker on the duc forum. I finally made an account just to post in solidarity that this bug has been driving me insane for years. By far the worst bug in PT, imo. Every new PT update I wonder if this'll be the one that finally fixes it, and it never is. I can't even explain the bug to people that use any other DAW because they literally can't wrap their heads around why PT would let this go

UGH
Blows my Mind! And the new Logic! Wow! If that doesn't stir the pot??

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 13.6.6 Ventura,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3.1, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.