How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2017, 04:02 PM

Default 12.8.1 gui lag?

Hi,
Just updated and have a gui lag. If I start a session from the start and wiggle a fader on the mixer, the counter and fader I wiggle will not be smooth up until around the 5th bar. After that, it's very responsive but on the first bars everything is choppy. Anybody seeing that? Is there a new pref that could trigger that behaviour?

Blink

P.S. See lower what I've found out about a possible cause...

Last edited by Blinkofani; 08-24-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:01 PM

Default Re: 12.8.1 gui lag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkofani View Post
Hi,
Just updated and have a gui lag. If I start a session from the start and wiggle a fader on the mixer, the counter and fader I wiggle will not be smooth up until around the 5th bar. After that, it's very responsive but on the first bars everything is choppy. Anybody seeing that? Is there a new pref that could trigger that behaviour?

Blink
No issues on my end - have just tried mimicking your description. Can't think of what it might be? Sorry you're having trouble.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent W. View Post
No issues on my end - have just tried mimicking your description. Can't think of what it might be? Sorry you're having trouble.
Ok thanks for checking it out. Maybe a restart will solve that. Usually I'm the one who doesn't the problems others have, except for the confirmed issues...

Blink
Old 08-24-2017, 06:02 PM

Ok I think I've found what's causing the problem. On the bottom of my screen I have the MIDI editor window opened. If I adjust the zoom view to see, say bar 3 to 7, when PT plays that section(I see the playhead appearing in the MIDI editor window because playback is at that point), the lag will happen during the time playback occurs in that section of the song, if I wiggle a fader on the mixer. Once it's past the part that I see in the MIDI editor window, all comes back to normal.

If I close the Midi window, all is good thru out the session. Now, is it just me?

Blink