Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 06-09-2017, 10:59 PM

Default bonus content download not in my products

I have Vanilla 12.7.1 perpetual license (upgraded from 12.3 originally purchased 12/2015) and was supposed to get Space and "access to bonus plugins" for another year when I re-upped 12/2016. The avid site claims I should be able to download from my master account but there is no ''all access plug in bundle" in my products download page. Do I need to contact avid to get this corrected or am I missing something? any help appreciate. Mostly I just want to get Space back which I had access before my first year ran out but I never had a separate space license. so what might I be doing wrong? I have installed both versions of Space and neither one will authorize even after ilok sync/refresh. my ilok license just says Pro tools perpetual bundle
Attached Images
File Type: png pt 1.PNG (32.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-10-2017, 03:22 AM

Default Re: bonus content download not in my products

New "Space" iLok License

Space Plug-in License Information

Please verify installed version. Installers can be found under Additional Value Content included with your software in your Avid account.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:41 AM

I have both versions on a thumb and have tried both, with the Space 12.0 I get an authorization code popup during PT launch and with 12.1 a popup that directs me to ilok then says my license has expired which is true for my PT 12.3 Upgrade license file on my from prior to last upgrade. I believe I'm supposed to have an equivalent license on my ilok for PT 12.7 bonus content but it is not there or in my PT master account.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:43 AM

Did you buy just the 'Annual Upgrade Plan' when you renewed, or the 'Annual Plugin and Support Plan', or both?

You only get the bonus plugins if you buy the support plan. The support plan on its own would give you support, but not program updates.

If you want program updates and the bonus plugins, you need to buy both plans.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 06-10-2017, 07:09 AM

I purchased the annual upgrade plan and as u can see from the screenshot in original post avid email clearly states "Access to bonus plug-ins—Get a free year of access to the Space reverb plug-in and an amazing collection of stompbox effects". following instruction to download products from master account shows no bonus content or similar download. Space is clearly listed in my Application manager as authorized plug as far as I can tell. I'm not sure why I would need to purchase a support plan also as according to avid email I should have Access to bonus plug-ins—Get a free year of access to the Space reverb plug-in and an amazing collection of stompbox effects
Old 06-10-2017, 11:13 AM

Sorry, I can't explain that screenshot, maybe Avid can sort it out.

But the 'Bundled Software' item in the comparison chart here http://www.avid.com/pro-tools/compare

Shows that you get 'optional access' to the bonus plugins with PT12 ...

And here http://www.avid.com/pt-upgrades-and-...er=&store=shop

It clearly shows that the bonus plugins come with Support Plan, not the Upgrade Plan ...

And in the Licnsing FAQ here http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...FAQ&popup=true

there is a question and answer that reads ...

Q) Is additional value content (e.g. Space) included with all plans?
A) The "All Access" additional value content plug-ins introduced with Pro Tools 12.2 (and authorized by the "Pro Tools Plan" or "Pro Tools HD Plan" license) are included with the following:
Purchases of Pro Tools perpetual product (included for first year)
Plans that have Upgrades and Support bundled, like Pro Tools | HD, or Pro Tools for Students and Teachers (included while plan is active)
Purchase of Pro Tools Annual Plug-in and Support Plan (included while plan is active)
See the Bonus Plug-Ins section for Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD for a list of what's included with each.

So you would have got the bonus plugins free for one year when you bought PT12, but after that you have to buy the annual support plan to retain access to them, as well as buying the annual upgrade plan to keep on getting updates.

If Avid have informed you differently, as the screenshot seems to indicate, you'll have to take it up with Avid.

But I can say that how I've described it above, supported by the relevant official Avid documentation I've linked to, is exactly the way the bonus plugin thing is understood to work.

Good luck, and please do let us know the outcome if you do take it up directly with Avid.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:00 PM

thanks , it appears Avid has made it more confusing with the email
Old 06-10-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
thanks , it appears Avid has made it more confusing with the email
You're not wrong.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on if you take it up with Avid, though if you only bought the upgrade plan you are out of luck when it comes to getting support, unless you pay for it.

And if you're thinking of doing that, you might as well just buy the support plan, because buying an individual support code isn't much cheaper, and you aren't certain of the outcome so you might just be wasting your money.

Buying a support plan will get you the plugins, so you won't need to contact support having bought the support plan.

The biggest risk you take if you get a support plan and actually use those plugins is that you get hooked on using them, which in turn means Avid has you on the hook having to renew the support plan every year.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:39 PM

agree completely, fortunately I also have the waves ir reverb so I will just use any space impulses I need in it instead. I should be eligible for 12.8 if it ever gets done so i'll decide next upgrade cycle if I should add the support plan. appreciate your help. I think the key word in their email is "access". doesn't say u get anything, just access to them! Frankly I thought the company was much more music friendly before Avid started running things, I never had any issues when it was just digidesign pro tools. Oh well..I still think opcode vision pro would have been great if Gibson hadn't bought it and killed. big corps can suck