How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2012, 11:51 PM

Default Cannot record audio from Dr. Rex

Hello,
I created a bassline on dr. rex (reason 4) that I like, and want to record it on to an audio track that I created on PT. Reason is set up on an instrument track (mono) and I can see/hear sound when i click on the preview button on dr. rex. I sent a bus (bus 7) from the instrument track to the audio track, the I/O is set to bus (bus 7). I record enable, click on the preview button on dr. rex, but no sound coming out of the audio track. Is this possible to do or not? I know I can simply drag the rex audio file into an audio track, but it doesnt sound the same as i set it on the dr. rex. please help!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Cannot record audio from Dr. Rex

If there's signal on the Instrument track then you should be able to record it to an audio track.. You may have Auto-Input Monitoring on, which might explain why you can't hear the signal when the audio track is armed. Try pressing Option + K.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Cannot record audio from Dr. Rex

Hi John thanks for the reply. I tried the input monitoring like you said, and it still doesn't work. =/