Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2010, 04:05 AM

Default 2 Questions

Hi,

I sent this to support, however, hopefully someone here can assist. Has been a good experience on here. Am not new to PT, but, I am new to actually owning it at home, so, a couple of purchases later and I am beginning to be concerned.

I have purchased Eleven LE from an "authorized dealer" online, however, it appears to be taking some time to get here and they are not coming back to me, which concerns me. I have had the liok licenses transfered onto the account I created there so that part seems fine, but, assuming the media doesnt arrive, do I have anywhere I can acquire this as a download?

Also, I have purchased an Mbox Mini, and, this comes with PT7.4, I run Windows 7 64bit, so, of course this doesnt work. How do I find out whether the free upgrade to 8 applies to me?
Old 09-08-2010, 04:30 AM

Default Re: 2 Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw69uk View Post
Hi,

I sent this to support, however, hopefully someone here can assist. Has been a good experience on here. Am not new to PT, but, I am new to actually owning it at home, so, a couple of purchases later and I am beginning to be concerned.

I have purchased Eleven LE from an "authorized dealer" online, however, it appears to be taking some time to get here and they are not coming back to me, which concerns me. I have had the liok licenses transfered onto the account I created there so that part seems fine, but, assuming the media doesnt arrive, do I have anywhere I can acquire this as a download?

Also, I have purchased an Mbox Mini, and, this comes with PT7.4, I run Windows 7 64bit, so, of course this doesnt work. How do I find out whether the free upgrade to 8 applies to me?
Are you SURE they are sending you the disks? Lots of times its just a iLok license transfer. Then you download the software from the manufactures site, in this case Avid. Yes you can download Eleven.

If you just bought the Mbox brand new, then the free upgrade should apply to you. Register your products, both the hardware and software on Avid.com, this will create your Avid account. then you should be getting an email saying you qualify for a free upgrade to PT8 which will be a download placed in your Avid account.

Here is the link to Eleven

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Eleven-LE/resources
Since you are on windows you want the download titled Eleven/Eleven LE v8.0 Windows (for Pro Tools 7.3.1-8.0)

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-08-2010, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Are you SURE they are sending you the disks? Lots of times its just a iLok license transfer. Then you download the software from the manufactures site, in this case Avid. Yes you can download Eleven.

If you just bought the Mbox brand new, then the free upgrade should apply to you. Register your products, both the hardware and software on Avid.com, this will create your Avid account. then you should be getting an email saying you qualify for a free upgrade to PT8 which will be a download placed in your Avid account.

Here is the link to Eleven

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Eleven-LE/resources
Since you are on windows you want the download titled Eleven/Eleven LE v8.0 Windows (for Pro Tools 7.3.1-8.0)
Brilliant mate, thats much appreciated! Yeah I am supposed to be receiving the discs as well as the physical Ilok (I dont have one til it arrives), but, if I can download it then great, because I am a bugger for losing discs.

Daft question maybe, I have both Mac and Windows, would I need to re-purchase to grab the mac option or does my licence cover both?

I will get registering when the hardware arrives.

Thanks again
Old 09-08-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Brilliant mate, thats much appreciated! Yeah I am supposed to be receiving the discs as well as the physical Ilok (I dont have one til it arrives), but, if I can download it then great, because I am a bugger for losing discs.

Daft question maybe, I have both Mac and Windows, would I need to re-purchase to grab the mac option or does my licence cover both?

I will get registering when the hardware arrives.

Thanks again
you probably should down load it even when the discs show up just to make sure you are installing the most up to date version.

You must have the iLok with the license plugged in for Eleven to work.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-08-2010, 06:43 AM

From my experience a few weeks ago with the micro. It came with 7.3 and I did get the free updates to 8. But it took a couple of hours to actually receive the email with the update info. After all was said an done I now have 7.3 7.4 and 8 in my account.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:

Thanks again
No. It covers both but just one at a time.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-09-2010, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
From my experience a few weeks ago with the micro. It came with 7.3 and I did get the free updates to 8. But it took a couple of hours to actually receive the email with the update info. After all was said an done I now have 7.3 7.4 and 8 in my account.
Thats cool. I had a chat with a guy on the support live chat, top quality customer support I have to say!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
No. It covers both but just one at a time.
Thats cool. Am not good enough to run both at once haha