Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: MBox 2 with Pro Tools LE 7.4 on Vista Business Problem

Can MBox 2 even be used on Vista for other applications other than Pro Tools?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:45 PM

Hi there,

thought i was alone having issue wih my Vista Business with Mbox2/PT 7.4 LE( latest CS installed).

System is pretty well sized, Dell XPS 710/4 Gb and SAS disks, onboard sound disabled and Mbox2, Korg MicroKontrol (USB connection) and as additional software Arturia AnalogFactory Reloaded 1.2 and Reason 3.0.4 Adapted, problem is I can't get no sound within protools as a rewire plug-in or with AF 1.2 as stand alone, getting the message "Unknown error" positive point somehow Reason 3.0.4 is working but only as a rewire instrument, not in stand alone mode.

Taking a long story short few complete PT LE 7.4, un-install 7.4LE, Vista re-install with formatting, Updates, PT 7.4 LE, CS update, it ended up it wasn't working better...

One interesting thing in addition to this, i can't set the mbox2 as device for the playback nor recording device in the "sound and audio device properties" which makes me think that both the ASIO and the MME (or whatever) looks dodgy, or the Digidesign ASIO driver only understand some 3rd party application in rewire mode, not standalone

Hope we'll hearing from them soon on this issue...

Cheers
Old 12-03-2007, 07:14 AM

Thank you! im not the only person suffering then!

I had a few replies from digitechsup, but nothing more than you see above. I would really appreciate some further support.

Please help us Vista users....
Old 12-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Avid

I'm looking into possible causes - currently we've tested Ableton Live Lite 6.0.10 and Propellerhead Reason Adapted for Digidesign 3.0.4 on Vista Ultimate and they work properly. Not that it helps you much, but it's at least confirmed on our systems here that the ASIO driver works.

We've seen some issues with Cubase 4.1 on Mac - possibly there's something about the install of Cubase causing the problem? Unfortunately we don't have 4.1 to test with here yet.

I'm assuming you've already tried the standard setup and general troubleshooting steps (like disabling the internal sound card)?

As soon as I get any further info, I'll post again...
Old 12-03-2007, 09:14 AM

yeah,

are they supposed to be running as Rewire? or full ASIO?
Old 12-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Avid

Quote:
yeah,

are they supposed to be running as Rewire? or full ASIO?
Both.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:40 AM

Ive tried every possible troubleshooting to get the Mbox 2 to work with anything other than pro tools itself.

As I explained above, each application just has errors and fails to load the digidesign asio driver. I have even tried the stand alone windows driver v7.4 for Mbox 2. To use the Mbox without pro tools installed (im not sure if that is designed for vista, as in the documentation it talks about XP) but that makes no difference either.

I have run out of things to try?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:43 AM

I have the same issue on XP and Vista, although Sonar does work under ASIO on my XP partition, but does not function under Vista. anyone got any ideas? I also have no sound out of any sort of Windows devices (media player,itunes,audition..etc)
Old 12-03-2007, 11:45 AM

The stand-alone ASIO driver is XP only and not intended to be used in conjunction with any installation of Pro Tools... hence the term "stand-alone".
If you have installed it at any point in your troubleshooting process with PT still on your machine, you should uninstall everything and do a fresh install of PT.
You should always use only the ASIO driver included in whatever version of Pro Tools you have installed... if you intend to have PT on your computer.

Good luck-
Old 12-03-2007, 11:52 AM

UPDATE

I read what you said about Cubase 4.1 causing problems on the mac and perhaps the installation of cubase is involved. So...

I have completely re-installed windows vista, I have only put on PTLE 7.4 with Mbox 2, and Live Lite (and no cubase) and the issue still persists.

Live Lite failed to load the digidesign asio driver. No audio device.

I am using a brand new HP dx2300 desktop, Vista Business, and very little else installed!