Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2003, 09:50 PM

Default 3 Suggestions for improving PT

Hi all!

This for the dilligent Digi programming team. I have 3 suggestions that would make PT more friendly and me more happy.Perhaps you could put them on your to do list if you agree.

1) Mainly for Le: Put a little window in the Edit window, like the ones that show bars and beats, time ect, but make this one show the HW buffer size. Extra super would be the option of changing it right there with a drop down menu. This way you could check your buffer setting at a glance and change it quickly.a little button next to it that toggles low latency mode would be worth another ten points.

2) for all PT : When selecting regions from the regions list to be removed or deleted, there will be an alert window for each region asking if you realy want to do that. The options are "no" and "yes", but a very cool third option would be "yes to all".Save me from wearing out my enter button:)

3) Also for all PT : Make a session create a readme file automatically that is ket inside the session folder. The readme file will be a plain text file and contain the following info : session setup info and tempo.What would enhance this even more would be if there was a user notes section that would show any notes the engineer made in the session notes menu inside PT.This would save one the hassle of opening a session to check stupid things like tempo, bit-depth ect.

Thats all, thank you very much! Good night all friends!

Peter de Vries
Old 01-07-2003, 10:00 PM

Default Re: 3 Suggestions for improving PT

Quote:
Originally posted by Last:
2) for all PT : When selecting regions from the regions list to be removed or deleted, there will be an alert window for each region asking if you realy want to do that. The options are "no" and "yes", but a very cool third option would be "yes to all".Save me from wearing out my enter button:)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hold down the Alt button when you click "yes". That is currently the "yes to all" button, and it already works.

Mike
- PreSonus Quantum 2 - PreSonus Studio 24c - Mackie Onyx 1640i
- Samsung T3 and T5 SSDs - Various USB2/3 and Firewire HDDs
Old 01-07-2003, 10:40 PM

I could surely use #3 myself. So many times I need info which requires waiting for a session to open. That would be good.
How's it going, Peter?... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2003, 05:42 AM

Thanx Quickdraw, that is going to come in handy!

Hiya Royster.Im well, but working my butt off and not a millionare yet, so I am worried I might not be sleeping with the right people [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2003, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by QuikDraw:
Hold down the Alt button when you click "yes". That is currently the "yes to all" button, and it already works.

Mike
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is HUGE!!!! Thanks a million!
-drew
Old 01-08-2003, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by phaseout:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by QuikDraw:
Hold down the Alt button when you click "yes". That is currently the "yes to all" button, and it already works.

Mike
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is HUGE!!!! Thanks a million!
-drew
<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Alt key!
Of course.
Thanks QD
Old 01-08-2003, 02:32 PM

#3 is a truly great suggestion.
As to the "user notes"... may be it could include the scratch pad on each track.
I'm sure I would use that feature more if I knew that info could be available in a readme file outside of PT.
Anyway, great idea.

Quote:
Originally posted by QuikDraw:
Mike
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks Mike-
Can't tell you how many times I've used that tip in the past couple of days.