Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 01-22-2011, 02:49 AM

Question Structure Free file management question

Hi all,

I'm teaching some first year university students, and one of the things we've been doing is using Structure Free. I've been showing them how to select regions or parts of regions and drag them into the Structure Free window, and then use the keyboard to trigger these as part of their session.

I've also been showing them how to use the Structure Free settings preferences to save the plug-in settings to the session folder. Doing this creates the "Structure Files" folder within their session folder, and places the Structure Free patch and audio files in there too.

Now, the students are required to always have a copy of the latest version of their work at all times, so I've been showing them how to use the "Save Copy In" function to gather up all their files and create a full copy of their session on their personal hard drive. This may seem excessive, but in my experience some of these novice students have a hard time keeping track of where they've put everything and, while I try to get them used to managing their session and the location of the data, using Save Copy In should mean that any errant files get gathered up.

However, even with the "Session Plug-In Settings" folder option checked, the Structure Free patch and audio samples are not copied over to the new location. The "Structure Files" folder is there, but is empty. If the original session is still present on the drive, Structure Free will find the patch and the samples. But if the student takes away the new copy, Structure Free can't find the patch and the samples.

So, other than manually copying the "Structure Files" folder over to the new copy of the session, does anyone know a way of getting these files to be included when I do a "Save Copy In"? And is this expected behaviour? It does it on LE 8.0.1 at work, and also 9.0.1 at home.

Many thanks.