Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 07-26-2016, 12:33 PM

Default Upgrade Plan ending soon, what about bug fixes though???

So, as most of you, I'm having a lot of troubles with running PT 12.5 on my late 2015 MBP (i7 2.2 Ghz with 16gb ram running El Crapitan). I know I shouldn't have upgraded the OS, but I wasn't using my brain at the time and it is what it is. The problem is that every time I try to run a session (while recording) at 256 buffer size or lower it stops me a few seconds in (6101 error)...

I now see that this is an unsupported combo as it should be running sessions fairly quickly at ANY buffer size. My question is: if Avid provides an update or fix for this problem with this OS OR Sierra, will I be able to download the fix?? My update plan expires in like 2 weeks, but sheesh is it expensive to renew it, especially if nothing is fixed.

I hear great things about Sierra though. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2016, 12:51 PM
Avid

Default Re: Upgrade Plan ending soon, what about bug fixes though???

Hello coryk0789,

Avid only provides software releases to owners with a current Plan. Please see the Licensing FAQ for this info, specifically:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/f...aseEligibility

Also note that there is a grace period to renew:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/f...ng-FAQ#Options

Best regards,
JC
Old 07-26-2016, 02:05 PM

Thanks for the info! I think I'm a bit confused as to what the support plan is or how much it actually costs. How much would it be for me to renew my plan before my membership actually ends?

I see some places it says $299 and some places say $99. I'm assuming these are two different things? One is the support plan and one is some sort of plugin bundle?

Old 07-26-2016, 02:47 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryk0789 View Post
Thanks for the info! I think I'm a bit confused as to what the support plan is or how much it actually costs. How much would it be for me to renew my plan before my membership actually ends?

I see some places it says $299 and some places say $99. I'm assuming these are two different things? One is the support plan and one is some sort of plugin bundle?

Hi coryk0789,

The renewal for the Annual Upgrade plan is $99 as long as you don't let it expire. Just log in to your Avid Account (my.avid.com) then go to My Products and Subscriptions, click on renew support, then you'd be given the option to purchase from the Avid store or a reseller. It's $299 to reinstate a plan that has expired (and passed the grace period). For more info, feel free to visit http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/F...-Licensing-FAQ

Best regards,
Tope
Old 07-26-2016, 05:22 PM

That's much more reasonable! Thank you!