Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2009, 10:35 AM

Default Missing .ptf and other session files on copy

Sorry if this has come up before, but didn't see anything in the archive...

I am using 7.3.1cs8 on 10.4.11, and I am having an issue with .ptfs disappearing when I copy entire folders to DVDs or USB drives.

I am logged in as an admin on this machine, I select a folder containing the session .ptf, audio files, fade files, session backups, and the wave cache .wfm. - I copy the folder over to a DVD, burn it, or copy to an external USB drive.

When I open up the copied folder on the DVD or drive, I just see the Audio files folder -- the other 4 items never seem to get copied. This is the first time I've seen this happen. I verified disk permissions and file permissions on both drives, and it is all good - everything is read/write.

Anyone experience this? Any ideas? The copy issue is really the only issue I've had with this machine.

Thanks in advance.

DJ
Old 05-21-2009, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Missing .ptf and other session files on copy

I should also mention that when I copy to a client's USB drive, I can see all the files, but when they take it to another studio, these are missing. When I copy the session folder to a DVD, just the Audio files are in the Session folder. no .ptf, etc., even on my own computer.

I checked with the USB drive, and it's an MS-DOS file system, but I can copy, read and write everything on my own machine.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Missing .ptf and other session files on copy

For now, I will take the advice from this thread: http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=246094

and Save Copy In directly to the drive