How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2024, 01:40 PM

Default CPU Droputs with Finder Operations

Hey all!

I'm getting some strange stuff on a nearly new M2 Max Mac Mini with the last few versions of Ultimate, including latest.

If I'm recording, or even playing a single track, and I either take a screenshot or delete something with the key command (command D) from the finder, I'll get a CPU overload message. And it doesn't matter how high or low the buffer is set, and there's very little DSP usage happening.

Anyone else experiencing this? It's been happening since we got this rig back in March, and it's with all versions of Ventura. I've never had to worry about putting something in the trash during a playback or recording session ever, in the last 25 years but for some reason now, it can't do it...

Any thoughts much appreciated!
Sig
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 4.37.53 PM.png (33.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-12-2024, 11:00 AM

Default Re: CPU Droputs with Finder Operations

Is that related to the system sounds issue? Both of those actions trigger a sound. I don't have this issue so I'm unsure of the current status.

From the PT release notes:
"Ventura + Monterey - System Sound can cause streaming errors. To avoid, turn off “Play user interface sound effects” in the “Alert and Sound Effects” section of System Settings. This will not turn off all 3rd party application notifications, and so it is also advised to go into each application settings/preferences and turn off notification sounds to avoid this issue. For example, go to Outlook’s preferences, “Notifications and Sounds” and uncheck the “sounds” item."
Old 01-12-2024, 05:15 PM

Default Re: CPU Droputs with Finder Operations

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
Is that related to the system sounds issue? Both of those actions trigger a sound. I don't have this issue so I'm unsure of the current status.

From the PT release notes:
"Ventura + Monterey - System Sound can cause streaming errors. To avoid, turn off “Play user interface sound effects” in the “Alert and Sound Effects” section of System Settings. This will not turn off all 3rd party application notifications, and so it is also advised to go into each application settings/preferences and turn off notification sounds to avoid this issue. For example, go to Outlook’s preferences, “Notifications and Sounds” and uncheck the “sounds” item."
Oh I haven't seen this...it could very well be, let me check it out - thanks!