Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2017, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Delay Compensation not working

Just curious , anyone from Avid reading this ?
Any news when this is fixed ? Because of this bug I am still on 12.7.1.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:31 AM

Fixed with 12.8.1

To do: fix internal test procedures for 12.9 release
Old 09-04-2017, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
For the most part, ADC works fine here. The 2 times it does not are"
1-if I have a send(on any track) assigned to a bus that goes nowhere(like if I have a send feeding an AUX track with a reverb or delay plugin, change my mind and delete the AUX track, but still have the send in place). That will cause some tracks to have almost 2000 samples of compensation that doesn't belong.
2-If I route a VI(like Superior Drummer) to record as new audio files; things will flam badly during the record pass. Once it finishes, playback sounds fine.
Yes I find manually putting in -2000 stops the overhead drum mics flamming with the snare mic, but it's impossible to know how close that is to what it should be.

However unlike albee, I'm not using any midi, it's all audio. I have a bunch of sessions which have this problem. I'm pretty sure it happened when I hid some tracks. But at one point the problem suddenly disappears. Then later in the day it suddenly reappeared. I've had many projects sent to me to mix from this same studio without any issues, they are on PT 10 and I'm on 12.0, what's different this time is that these songs have a lot of tracks, I think they are one track below the limit of tracks PT Native allows.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkschenkworst View Post
Fixed with 12.8.1

To do: fix internal test procedures for 12.9 release
I bought 12.0 and now they seem to want me to pay hundreds of pounds for 12.9, I just can't afford that kind of outlay and I don't feel like I should have to pay it for bug fixes like this.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkschenkworst View Post
Hi All, I am new to the forum but been using Pro Tools a few years. I came across a possible bug in Pro Tools 12.8 I have been able to reproduce the error on a different system and a different project. As it relates to this topic (I can't start a new thread) I will post it here.
The root of the issue: A virtual instrument, let's say drums, is receiving notes from a midi track. quantized.
On another track a plug-in is inserted , a plug in that causes Delay Compensation to kick in.
Everything is a ok during playback.
However: when I freeze or commit the virtual instrument, the timing is completely off.
I tried realtime bouncing but no luck. The only workaround is to make all plugins that have ADC inactive (so there is no actual ADC) then a commit is working properly.
I have reproduced this on 2 different new installed Mac systems with different sound devices and with a pro tools 12.7 project (that didn't have the problem).
I even created a new project in 12.8 with a:
- miditrack containing a few notes routed to
- A virtual instrument track , let's say the piano
- a third audio track , no audio, just insert a plugin that causes the ADC to work

then freeze or bounce: you will immediately notice/see the delay between the midi notes and the wav files from the frozen track.

Any help on this matter ? I am happy to provide the test-project.

BTW this is just protools 12.8 on a Mac not the HD version

Hi henkschenkworst,
this bug is fixed in 12.8.1
do you have tested it in 12.8.1?
It comes with 12.8 and should go with 12.8.1
Frank