Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Can\'t get SOUND from MBox2 Pro - PLEASE HELP!!

I have a FireWire connection going from the front FireWire port on my computer into the FireWire port on the MBox2 Pro. The MBox2 Pro has Monitors In/Out connected to 2-KRK V8 monitors. I also have headphones plugged into the headphone 1 jack on the MBox2 Pro. There is also a Shure SM7b microphone going into the Microphone 1 jack on the MBox2 Pro.

A couple days ago, I plugged in this exact setup, and was able to receive sound from the monitors when we imported and played a CD track into ProTools. Sound was also coming in through the headphones, and when we tested out the Shure SM7b microphone, we were able to receive levels & record/playback properly.

Since then, I've plugged in a SeaGate FreeAgent Pro 750Gb External Hard Drive, which also utilizes the FireWire connection. I've connected the FreeAgent Hard Drive to the FireWire port on the back of my computer, and the MBox2 Pro to the FireWire port on the front panel. I also went through parts of the user guide to change settings such as:

H/W Buffer Size
RTAS Processors
CPU Usage Limit
DAE Playback Buffer Size

NOW, after testing out the connection with these changes, I realized I was able to play the CD track & get levels visually on the Mix Window, but NO SOUND. Also, the Shure SM7b microphone is now not picking up any sounds either. I figured I probably changed something incorrectly, so I've reset all the above settings to their factory default -> same problem. All the while, my computer speakers are working properly.

As we continued to build our studio, our Chameleon 7602 came in, so now I've connected the Shure SM7b to the Chameleon input, and the Chameleon output to the Microphone 1 input on the back of the MBox2 Pro.

Still to this very minute, I'm getting levels for any CD track being played - but with NO SOUND coming from the monitors. The issue with the Shure SM7b microphone also remains -> I am not getting any SIGNALS, nor any sounds recorded.

Tried to set the "DigiDesign MBox2 Pro 1/2" setup as the default device in sound playback -> same issue. I've setup the "DigiDesign MBox2 Pro 1/2" as the default voice playback device -> same issue.

I've also unplugged the external hard drive so that just 1 FireWire port is being utilized.

I just spent 2 months salary on this equipment, & its not working...PLEASE HELP!!

Thank You,

RAHUL