Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2017, 02:26 PM

Default Pro Tools Plan shows unavailable in iLok

Updating from Pro Tools 12.5 to 12.8 (yes late to the party), but am unable to do so. Upon launching Pro Tools, I get an error message saying I have no available licenses, but Avid Account Manager shows Pro Tools Upgrade Plan as active (I renewed in March 2017) and license is perpetual. iLok Manager showing "Pro Tools Plan" as unavailable, so I can't activate that (grayed out). How do I reconcile this since I've already paid for it? I'm running MacBook Pro with Sierra.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Plan shows unavailable in iLok

Which iLok is that license installed on and is it plugged in and can ILM read the iLok OK?
Old 09-24-2017, 03:47 PM

No problems with iLok or ILM. iLok is plugged in, ILM sees it. I manually uninstalled Pro Tools 12.8 and re-installed PT 12.5.2 and was able to launch Pro Tools 12.5.2 with no problem. Plug ins are all recognized, so it's not the iLok. It seems to be an issue with the Pro Tools Plan showing as unavailable on the iLok even though my Avid Account shows an active Perpetual license and my Upgrade plan is renewed through March 2018. I can't activate it in ILM since it's grayed out. If I can download 12.8.1 with my upgrade plan, the license should be active and I should be able to launch. What gives Avid?
Old 09-24-2017, 03:56 PM

I should add that "Pro Tools Upgrade and Support Plan 2015" is active in the ILM, but I've renewed my Upgrade plan every year, so the license should be active/available.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:15 PM

Welcome to the community.

Pro Tools Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 is the older license bundle that authorizes up through 12.5.2. We posted info about the licensing change in the Tech Alerts subforum (starting back in Sep 2016) as well as in the Authorization section of the Release Info KBs (like this one for 12.6). Sorry that this info didn't reach you and that you did not have the correct license. Looks like CS is taking care of that through your support case so please watch for a case notice email.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:29 PM

I'm awaiting an update from CS on the request to (re)deposit a license, so this should hopefully be resolved soon and I'll be up and running with 12.8.1. Thanks!