Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2012, 02:14 PM

Default delay compensation with mixed interfaces

hi,

does anybody know what the deal is with delay compensation when you mix interfaces within the same system. say an hd i/o and a 192 and even an old 888?

thanks, james.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:08 AM

Default Re: delay compensation with mixed interfaces

delay compensation is related to delays created by plugins - this can be automatically or manually compensated via the 3 little lines of digits under the channel name in the mix window (provided you have that view turned on). Interfaces are not part of that scenario. Mix your interfaces. No problem. If thats what you are talking about.

However - checkout the input compensation under the I/O setup. There you can specify individual delays should you be using some external processing via insert, or wanting slightly tighter sync when tracking.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:35 PM

I mean delay compensation including hardware inserts.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Drake View Post
I mean delay compensation including hardware inserts.
In the I/O settings there's a page to set hardware latency. However you have to manually fill it in. You can set different delays on each separate insert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CME View Post
In the I/O settings there's a page to set hardware latency. However you have to manually fill it in. You can set different delays on each separate insert.

That is if you insert a device which has some latency itself which you want to compensate for inside pro tools.

I am talking about the analogue-analogue round trip time being different with a 192 or HD I/O.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:43 AM

I would assume pro tools would compensate correctly and seperately for each interface. But you could check and adjust as necessary. Sorry I didn't make myself more clear.