Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 11-04-2019, 06:23 AM

Default iZotope Dialogue Match

We have our answer, the new iZotope product is called Dialogue Match, and is aimed at providing a quick way to make different sources of dialogue sound similar. Crucially, there is the long-awaited Reverb Match as part of it. Not sure if it will stay up, but there's a cached version of details for Reverb Match here - https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...rb-module.html

EDIT - it's now live on the iZotope site. Details here - https://www.izotope.com/en/products/dialogue-match.html

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM

Last edited by noiseboyuk; 11-04-2019 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:49 AM

Default Re: iZotope Dialogue Match

this should be interesting...
Old 11-04-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
We have our answer, the new iZotope product is called Dialogue Match, and is aimed at providing a quick way to make different sources of dialogue sound similar. Crucially, there is the long-awaited Reverb Match as part of it. Not sure if it will stay up, but there's a cached version of details for Reverb Match here - https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...rb-module.html

Full details should be with us Nov 7 I believe.
FYI.. I just looked and it's in my account as a loyalty upgrade. I wonder if this is it however?
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 11-04-2019, 01:15 PM

Yes, looks like it's now all live on the iZotope site. Will add the link to the OP. Some examples there, but I think I'll be downloading the demo to try it in action first. Note - this plugin is AAX ONLY.

$399 for the upgrade from Post Production Suite 3 to 4 with 2 extra reverbs, or $349 for an upgrade to the RX7 Advanced Reverb bundle with 1 extra reverb.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 11-04-2019, 01:37 PM

Neat 👍

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-04-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Yes, looks like it's now all live on the iZotope site. Will add the link to the OP. Some examples there, but I think I'll be downloading the demo to try it in action first. Note - this plugin is AAX ONLY.

$399 for the upgrade from Post Production Suite 3 to 4 with 2 extra reverbs, or $349 for an upgrade to the RX7 Advanced Reverb bundle with 1 extra reverb.
I've got an offer for even less actually

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 11-04-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post

G
I don't even though I own both, Post Production Suite 3 and Music Production Suite 3 plus Ozone 9 Advanced...

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 11-04-2019, 03:16 PM

Just downloaded a copy. Working on some ADR that was done not all that great.. i.e. Too well recorded in a small space rather than a good ADR room. I think this will work well. I did get it pretty close with EQ Match and in RX and with Exponential Audio Verb, but I think this will go way faster obviously. There are not that many in this film that I am scoring as well and am doing the mix, so this will be a big help and I did all the features. I am sure they will support more features once Catalina is supported, which is why I think they left it for just AAX for now.

Cool! I'll report back once I get into this-:)

G
Old 11-05-2019, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post

G
Anyone got lower than $299 .. ?

*I can get it for $253.99 via Audiodeluxe.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:41 AM

I wonder if we're all comparing like-for-like here? Here are my crossgrade options, owning PPS 3.1, Ozone 9 and Neutron 3:

Post Production Pack 4 $399
RX7 reverb bundle $349
Dialogue Match $299

Does anyone see any different prices from these in their accounts and if so what are they? Audiodeluxe offers a 15% discount on these across the board as far as I can see.

Meanwhile, the thing itself. I just did a quick test on a bit audio for a factual series. The boom was very distant and had quite loud buzzy aircon. The radio mic was typically middish and not very nice sounding. iZotope say to clean a reference source first, so did that using Spectral Denoise, then tried the radio mic out on Dialogue Match. It performed well, I found I wanted to increase the EQ module by another 50%. The reverb match seemed natural. Ambience match was fine.

I then did a much more difficult test just to see what happened. Same factual show, some dialogue from within a noisy and very live-sounding interior of a prototype car, with a very short and distinctive reverb, then applying this reference to material recorded on a boom. EQ match was again very good, Reverb Match utterly hopeless and Ambiance Match suffered from that distinctive Frozen effect you get on anything more than a very constant wash.

I was disappointed that Reverb Match failed so badly, reccommending a tail of over a second and the Early Reflection component sounded totally wrong too. You can put some of this down to the internal reverb engine I guess, but I think most of it must be the detection engine wasn't doing a good job. I wonder how well it has been tested in very tight environments requiring only a specific Early Relection profile.

I guess the thing is that of the three modules, only one is new. EQ match - in different versions - I have in Ozone and RX, and ambiance match in RX. Since you have to denoise a reference first for good effect, that actually reduces some of the "it just works" factor for Dialogue Match by adding another hurdle - it would be nice for them to incorporate this engine within Dialogue Match itself and automatically denoise a reference. Typically I don't use Ambience Match all that often, using other tools to get the noise floor low.

So on an initial test, my feeling it is a good tool and well worth it for those routinely doing this kind of work, but its not yet able to handle the very wide variety of environments to make it a no-brainer. EQ Match is oven ready; Reverb Match doesnt work on very tight environments well but good for larger ones; Ambience Match needs a real tech boost to get rid of the frozen effect.

I'm umming and ahhing at the moment about getting just the basic Dialogue Match from AudioDeluxe.

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM