Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 12-11-2010, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Smack v8 download shows as 7.4

Issue resolved . I used the individual installers from the MPTK 2 ( which I previously did not have...thanks Avid ! ) But I still can't figure out why all of these individual installers from the Avid website did not work for me ! Ultimately it does not matter because everything is working properly when I used these MPTK 2 installers . This has to be an issue that was unique to my cpu . The mac pro " big boy " never had a problem but my 2007 imac did and now everything reads v8 , after new installers . PC - windows 7 still reads 7.4 but the stability is perfect so who cares ....well deep inside I still care and I am still trying to figure it out but for now it's working great so I have to leave it at that . I seem to be alone with this problem but if this comes up for somebody then the only answer I have is try to find disc installers or contact Avid . Hopefully I'll have more info on topic soon but for now...back to work !

ps . This one really got to me and occurred at the worst time . A " perfect storm " so to speak . Sometimes it gets the best of us . I'm not trying to justify being a douche . I'm sorry egwells and others who felt tantrum !