Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 12-10-2010, 03:18 PM

Default PT9 fresh. Now trying to reinstal Factory and MPTK Plugs and my head is spinning

I have a new computer, and began with a fresh PT9 installation. Now I am bewildered by the bits and pieces of advice and instruction about how to get the Factory Plugins (002 Rack) and the Music Production Toolkit Plugins installed. I mean just the various suggestions about how to get TL Space to work properly is making my head SPIN - (maybe that is a good sign?). I have printed out forum threads, Knowledge Base suggestions, and none of them seem to say anything like the same thing.

Seriously is there any relatively simple way to get the Factory Plugs, and the MPTV Plugs installed and working? And does the $30 Upgrade that I ran into on the Avid Store have anything to do with getting headed in the right direction? I have my original 002-Factory disc, and my original Music Production Toolkit discs that have part of TL Space on one disc, and the library for Space on the next one..

A lot of Avid Knowledge Base seems to deal with Versions 8, and little to do with PT9. Or does PT9 use a version 8 of plugins? spin spin spin

Page 8 of the PDF "Audio Plug-ins Guide" Version 9.0 (about 600 pages long) says:

"Installing Plug-Ins for
Pro Tools
To install a plug-in:
1 Do one of the following:
• Download the installer for your computer
platform from the Avid website
(www.avid.com). After downloading, make
sure the installer is uncompressed (.SIT on
Mac or .ZIP on Windows).
– or –
• Insert the disc containing the plug-in into
your computer".

I wonder what installer they are referring to??? "Download THE installer"????

Last edited by tedcanman; 12-10-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-10-2010, 03:56 PM

Default Re: PT9 fresh. Now trying to reinstal Factory and MPTK Plugs and my head is spinning

If you want the most current Factory plug-ins, yes...you need the $30 update.
The 002 Bundle had some stuff that's now free, like sansAmp and Maxim, and the update adds some nice stuff...like the rest of the Moogerfoogers, the Fairchilds, and SoundReplacer.

Buying that will give you the full download for all those plugs.

As to the MPTK plugs, the individual installers for those are available for download, it doesn't take much looking.

Most are available through this page:
http://www.avid.com/US/categories/Audio-Plug-ins
Old 12-11-2010, 09:03 AM

Default Re: PT9 fresh. Now trying to reinstal Factory and MPTK Plugs and my head is spinning

ej, thank you very much. I got the $30 Factory upgrade installed.

Now on to the MPTK. Does anyone have a tried and true way to get TL Space (my fav reverb) up to date and installed. I have not found a PT9 installer.

I have realized that I also have an Ignition Pack on my old system. I have not begun to look for new versions of it yet.

If anyone is so inclined, I could use input on TL Space, and the Ignition Pack.

Thank you.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:09 AM

http://www.avid.com/US/products/TL-Space-Native-Edition

http://www.avid.com/US/products/TL-S...sponse-Library

You're on your own for the Ignition Pack.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:19 AM

The ignition pack updates can also be found on the same plugin page that EJ linked to. You'll just need to find the specific plugin, such as Arturia Analog factory, Way Out Ware ARP, etc.