Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2008, 03:44 PM

Default Bizarre Elastic Audio Glitch

PT7.4cs4 G5 Dual 2G HD2 Accel

Today, I was editing some tremolo dual-miced guitar. I mention this because it took quite some time for the Mac to analyze the little bit of audio and I'm guessing that the tremolo was confusing EA a bit. Anyway, when it finally got it together (yes, I know my Mac is ancient sort of, but I'm stuck with it for the moment as I have PCI cards), I region grouped the 2 tracks to keep the relationship intact and after quantizing, I had completely different audio from the same track but from another part of the song in it's place.

Trashed prefs, etc and then did the same exact thing again. Maybe this is a known issue...? Any thoughts? Should I upgrade to cs6?

Never a dull moment

Old 07-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Avid

Default Re: Bizarre Elastic Audio Glitch

That doesn't sound good. I've seen similar issues along the way, but thought they were all fixed. I've sent you an e-mail requesting the session.

CS6 doesn't have any changes in this area.

I'll post here as I get further info.

Paul Vercellotti
Avid Engineering