Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 07-12-2010, 06:26 PM

Default 8.0.4 Intsall Hangs...

I am trying to install 8.0.4 upgrade on my 8.00 system. My system hangs about half way through the install process during the part of the process that says: Installing Avid Hardware Drivers..... My system worked well with 8.00. If I abort the install and restart the system I can start PT and it says 8.0.4 but since the install did not finish I am wondering what I am missing. Any ideas??
Old 07-12-2010, 07:03 PM

Default Re: 8.0.4 Intsall Hangs...

how long did you wait? Mine took quite a while at that point.

I would try again.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:11 PM

I had dinner.... I am waitng overnight now...
Old 07-13-2010, 02:23 PM

I'm going to answer my own question. The problem was that there was one of the "Continue Anyway" pop up windows hidden behind the install screen. I had to do an "Alt-Tab" to reveal these pop ups and click on the "Continue Anyway" box. This happens several times, so everytime the computer beeps or hangs, do an "Alt-Tab". If there is nothing hidden back there it won't do anything bad. 8.0.4 is up and running.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:14 PM

yeah the install is a lil buggy but the program is running good.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:58 PM

I've attemped to update because some (not all) of my students would experience the BSOD (blue screen of death) when starting pro tools while logged in to their user accounts.

I started the update process yesterday at 5 PM. By 7 PM it wasn't finished yet so I left it overnight. At some point overnight, the computer hibernated (DAMN!), so this morning I waited through the "Resuming Windows" screen with my fingers crossed. When Windows had resumed, the PT install screen was STILL frozen saying "Installing Avid hardware drivers..." There were no other windows or dialogue boxes waiting for my attention.

I "cancelled" the installation (then had to force it to quit using task manager".

I could open Pro Tools and the "About" utility told me I was running 8.0.4 but I didn't trust the install process at all.

I RE-installed the update and the process completed within a few minutes.

I still don't know (can't yet test) if this update solves the BSOD problem this machine was having.

That's MY experience... Digi, this is worrisome.