Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 03-07-2014, 07:39 PM

Default does pro tools 8 support iLok 2?

I searched and could not find a thread addressing my issue, so: I have Pro Tools 8.0.3 and an iLok 1. I want to demo the Slate Digital VBC but you must have an iLok 2 for the demo license. I am thinking about buying an iLok 2 and I wonder: does Pro Tools 8 even support iLok 2? I am thinking of having the new iLok 2 for the Slate VBC and my old iLok 1 for everything else, but I need to find out if Pro Tools 8 is compatible with iLok 2. Thanks.

Gear: 2009 Mac Pro 2.93 GHz 8 core 8 GB RAM running Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3
Old 03-07-2014, 08:41 PM

Default Re: does pro tools 8 support iLok 2?

Hi

It won't matter which version of Ilok you have and PT8 will definately work on an ilok2 as the ilok is just a key like a USB stick but for licenses so just transfer your PT8 license to your new ilok2 and start using that instead. A few of the developers have started to have ilok2 only so you will be able to use the ilok2 for future plugins when you need it

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-08-2014, 11:07 PM

Default Re: does pro tools 8 support iLok 2?

Hey Chris, thanks for the answer. I thought the USB stick shouldn't matter but someone said it did so I had to find out for sure before buying an iLok 2. You're right about some manufacturers authorizing with iLok 2 only, so I'm thinking I should get one. Thanks again!