How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2020, 09:37 PM

Default Reinstated best move

Good evening everyone, and be safe.

Okay I've did quite of bit of reading, but I would like help, and a general consensus.

I just purchased the reinstatement upgrade from PT9.

What's the hip O.S. ( prior ), minus a metal card version O.S., and what version of pro Tools is a good version, or whatever I'm entitled too?.

Thanks

Old 04-03-2020, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Reinstated best move

You are entitled to anything between 10.0.0 and current version. Avid Download Center has versions from 12.6 to current so if you need older you need to contact Avid Support for older version download. Compatibility info here.

What I would suggest is upgrade to (a clean install of) High Sierra and current PT version. That does not require Metal compatible GPU but enables super fast NVMe SSD. Although I would upgrade the GPU as well. That will help you a lot and make your system future-proof.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
You are entitled to anything between 10.0.0 and current version. Avid Download Center has versions from 12.6 to current so if you need older you need to contact Avid Support for older version download. Compatibility info here.

What I would suggest is upgrade to (a clean install of) High Sierra and current PT version. That does not require Metal compatible GPU but enables super fast NVMe SSD. Although I would upgrade the GPU as well. That will help you a lot and make your system future-proof.
Thank you so much for your time.

You mentioned 12.6 ?. That's is interesting that 12 does not even show up on my product list ?

Pro Tools Legacy only goes up to Pro Tools 11.3.2

Then it jumps to Pro Tools 2019 , then Pro Tools 2020

I'm still on my Digi 003 console. Any recommendations ?.

I will move to the NVMe SSD, thanks.

Old 04-03-2020, 03:59 PM

Check your iLok License Manager and see what kind of license bundle you have. You have reinstated your perpetual license so you should have a license bundle of 10/11/12/current versions, which means you can just pick your favourite version from Avid Download Center or ask Avid Support for earlier one if needed.

Subscription I think only comes with latest version.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Check your iLok License Manager and see what kind of license bundle you have. You have reinstated your perpetual license so you should have a license bundle of 10/11/12/current versions, which means you can just pick your favourite version from Avid Download Center or ask Avid Support for earlier one if needed.

Subscription I think only comes with latest version.
Your awesome.

So that means I can't use the latest version of PT 2020 ?, since the license says Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) (4)

What does the (4) mean ?

Old 04-03-2020, 05:04 PM

I think (4) means the number of licenses in the bundle
Old 04-03-2020, 05:13 PM

You have to reinstate inside your Avid Account using the code you should have gotten after purchasing the reinstatement and Avid will then deposit the license in your iLok account.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 04-03-2020, 05:30 PM

I'm totally confused?

I don't want a version I'm not entitled too.

In my products page it has these downloads below
Pro Tools 2020.3 installer Mac (DMG) 1.69 GB Pro Tools 2020.3 Installer

Pro Tools 2019.12 installer Mac (DMG) 1.54 GB

Pro Tools 11.3.2 Installer (Mac) 867.32 MB

Pro Tools 10.3.10 Installer (Mac) 2.33 GB

I see 10,11, but 12 is not in my products page as it is on my iLok ?

Old 04-03-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I think (4) means the number of licenses in the bundle
Pull down the little Triangle to the left of that heading. Under that heading you should see several lines and one of them, probably the bottom one, will show when your license expires. If it is current, you should have access to the latest versions of Pro Tools back to 12.6. Anything earlier, as stated, and you will have to ask Avid to deposit that legacy version in your account.

And it doesn't matter if you install a product you think you're not entitled to, it won't open if the appropriate license isn't on you iLok.

All that said, if your OS isn't compatible, then you either have to update your OS - and plugins - or install a version of Pro Tools compatible with your OS.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 04-04-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:

FIRST OFF, THANK YOU IMMENSELY!
I did upgrade to High sierra, although I couldn't do a clean install, it needed to see my Mt. Lion. I guess it's not a standalone installer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
Thank you so much for your time.

You mentioned 12.6 ?. That's is interesting that 12 does not even show up on my product list ?

Pro Tools Legacy only goes up to Pro Tools 11.3.2

Then it jumps to Pro Tools 2019 , then Pro Tools 2020

I'm still on my Digi 003 console. Any recommendations ?.

I will move to the NVMe SSD, thanks.

Find it interesting that in my products page it has the newer versions available to me as shown above. But I will not install. I have a feeling that it will trick me into a subscription if I do install and use, and after the year is up it will quit working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Pull down the little Triangle to the left of that heading. Under that heading you should see several lines and one of them, probably the bottom one, will show when your license expires. If it is current, you should have access to the latest versions of Pro Tools back to 12.6. Anything earlier, as stated, and you will have to ask Avid to deposit that legacy version in your account.

I hope it doesn't expire !. I spent many days tracking down the correct perpetual license avoiding the subscription.

I have access to the newest version ? ( SHOULD I), Hate to make the wrong move, although I have High Sierra installed. (WOW), High Sierra is zippier OS than Mt. Lion for sure.

AGAIN THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Last edited by JFreak; 04-04-2020 at 02:42 PM. Reason: fixed the quote