Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2015, 04:43 AM

Default Offline Bounce questions

2-part question but first a bit of background.

I finally completely switched from PT 10 to PT 11. I've used PT 11 a bunch before.

I've got a session with a bunch of pieces and all of the tracks are edited the same (to just play these pieces with space in between). I want to print (offline) the pieces only without the spaces in between - I'm pretty sure that I've done this before but can't seem to make it happen now. Is this possible?

the 2nd part is this... I have a reverb on the tracks and if the 1st part is possible, then I'd like to extend the bounce of each piece to include the tail of the reverb, so I'd like to be able to designate that the bounce continues for x number of seconds beyond the clip end. (i kinda doubt that this is possible).

I've tried figuring this out but so far no luck. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Offline Bounce questions

It bounces what you highlight, so just stretch the end highlight zone as long as you want the reverb trail to run out. If you don't highlight it, it bounces the entire edit window.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
It bounces what you highlight, so just stretch the end highlight zone as long as you want the reverb trail to run out. If you don't highlight it, it bounces the entire edit window.

Thanks. This much I do know. I just thought there was a way to just bounce the individual pieces, and then maybe add a post-record time to that. seems like it should be easily done.

To give you amore accurate idea of what I'm doing, I've got 4 hours of record time, then edited down to a few hundred very short pieces that I need to bounce, preferably with the reverb tails.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:26 AM

Either (carefully!!!) edit out the silence in between, or just bounce the files individually, then, would be my recommendation, and I'd go for bouncing individually. Then you could fly the whole project into something like CD Architect to make a master.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:28 PM

Use Clip Gain, not Volume Automation. Use AudioSuite to add effects, not real-time effects. Name the Clips - or use the Track Name - and Export the Clips as Files.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction