Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 06-14-2020, 09:52 PM

Default PT2020.5 and AVID Mojo DX video peripheral

Hi Folks

Just been updating my rig to Mojave and PT2020.5 and I cannot access video output thru my AVID Mojo DX. I see via the compatibility chart that the last supported version was 2020.3 (busted version of PT that did not import OMF's etc). But then I see in the 2020.5 "what's new" info it mentions Mojo DX.....

Does anyone have a working setup with their Mojo DX running with 2020.5?

Cheers

Ray
Old 06-15-2020, 01:30 AM

Default Re: PT2020.5 and AVID Mojo DX video peripheral

Following... as this is my actual setup (but im still on 2019.12).

Dont see anything in the "whats new" document, can you specify where?

And AVID: please dont brick my video output device!

Franky
Old 06-15-2020, 01:57 AM

Yes I was dismayed, as I could not seem to get the Mojo going on Mojave with 2020.5

Sorry I was wrong quoting the "what's new doc", it's actually from the "Pro_Tools_2020_5_Read_Me-Mac_106928_.pdf" and states...

Quote:
"Mojo/Nitris DX will not lock to the expected video reference if other formats are imported after 1080p23. (PT-255575)
If importing a 1080p23 file, followed by an interlaced file, followed by another 1080p23 file, Mojo and Nitris DX will only lock to 1080i47 video reference instead of 1080p23. This can be resolved by quitting and relaunching Pro Tools.
No picture is seen with Avid Mojo or Nitris Dx video peripherals when using non-standard size video rasters. (PT-255951)
Some video files with non-standard video raster sizes will not display properly with the Avid Mojo or Nitris Dx video peripherals. If you encounter this issue, try setting the engine Raster Size to a different, standard size (in the I/O section of the video track)."
The current compatibility chart for Mac OS X ( https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...eo-Peripherals )states the following...
Quote:
"Other Supported Video Devices
Avid Video Peripherals (Mac and Windows)
Nitris DX - Pro Tools 20.3 final qualified version
Mojo DX - Pro Tools 20.3 final qualified version
Note: DX Thunderbolt Adapter supported with Mojo DX (Mac only). more info
"
My question is... I installed the last version of the DX driver (AvidDXDriver.pkg v 8.9.1), allowed the computer to restart but the Mojo will just not be seen by PT and only allows me desktop video playback. If I make a fresh session with no tracks I can see the menu items allowing me to enable video hardware (Mojo) but as soon as I import video, those options are gone and desktop is the only option.

I've done a clean install of Mojave, gone from ground up with a fresh SSD drive and 2020.5 HD Driver, DX 8.9.1 driver, PT 2020.5 Ultimate.

When I went back to my base system of Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mojo rocks on, works all good. What am I doing wrong here?

It pains me that 2020.3 is the last supported version for Mojo as it's passed it's EOL (March 2020), but 2020.3 was such a flawed release (OMF import problems). I want to use 2020.5 for folder tracks etc, but if I'm bricked out from my Video Interface, it's a rough time.

Let me know if anyone has any gems of knowledge here?

Many thanks

Ray
Old 06-15-2020, 09:06 PM

Update:-

With the help of Richard Kelly, who is a very smart AVID systems dude in NZ, we finally managed to get the MOJO DX driver installed, blessed and running.

MOJO DX is seen in the Mac OS system profiler as a valid PCIe card, and ProTools 2020.5 seems to be running nicely now.

Obviously the writing is on the wall as to future support (none) for this excellent peripheral. But as long as I can keep it rocking along, I'll use it!

Cheers
Ray
Old 06-17-2020, 09:13 AM

Great move Avid, you brick our Mojo DX (an Avid video device) with an unusable version of Protools for Post Audio!

Unacceptable!

One day I hope we will be able to sue all these companies that do planned obsolescence.

Franky
Old 09-02-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray JB View Post
Update:-

With the help of Richard Kelly, who is a very smart AVID systems dude in NZ, we finally managed to get the MOJO DX driver installed, blessed and running.

MOJO DX is seen in the Mac OS system profiler as a valid PCIe card, and ProTools 2020.5 seems to be running nicely now.

Obviously the writing is on the wall as to future support (none) for this excellent peripheral. But as long as I can keep it rocking along, I'll use it!

Cheers
Ray
Hi Ray

Can you elaborate on how you manage to install the driver properly ? I'm having the same problem. Have a OSX 10.15.4 Catalina with Pro Tools 2020.3 that work fine with the Mojo DX but the clone of that system on another computer is not ??? Tried to reinstall the DX driver, still not working.
Since there is some bug with OSX 10.15.4 I have to upgrade to 10.15.5, but the official version of Pro Tools for 10.15.5 is 2020.5!!!
So that's what I did on the computer that the Mojo DX is not working, but that didn't correct the problem!!!!!
I'm very curious on how you manage to make it work because I have 5 system like that, and I really don't want to change video hardware $$$$$

Thanks

Rod
Old 09-03-2020, 01:58 PM

Hi Rod

Yes I tried several times (in Mojave not Catalina) to have the DX driver installed but it did not seem to work.

If I recall, the successful route was to uninstall the DX driver, then restart, shut down, start up and then install DX. Then check and see in the system profiler that the Mojo DX PCI card was recognised in the system profiler..... then bless all the accessibility and security settings and restart.

Then it's been going fine for me.

But it took a few goes to get it to stick.

HTH

Ray