Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-23-2013, 07:01 AM
jky jky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toulouse/ France
Posts: 3
Default EUCON v.3 Strange Version

Rather new to this forum ... I come to you for a subject that has done and is doing quite click the keyboard and the new Euphonix EuCon v3 (0.1).
In short, I have a MC Transport for my Pro Tools and everything works with ... I updated (as expected) to 3.0.1 and splatch .. Same as for v3. This means that I can not use it with Pro Tools or 10 or v11. It is recognized by the system (10.8.5), works very well with Mail, Final Cut ... but with Pro Tools is the great void, it appears that "Pro Tools .." and no way to display my "Command Key", the editor controls for EUCON is "EMPTY", nothing is proposed to me (see the attached picture.). If I come back to v2.7.1, I find all my commands.
I tried to copy my xml., But nothing works.
Anyway, if someone has an idea, I'm obviously interested! Thank you in advance.
........and Deole for my english
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eucon Command v3.jpg (28.7 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-25-2013, 05:42 AM
OTARI's Avatar
OTARI OTARI is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Planet Of Sound
Posts: 16
Default Re: EUCON v.3 Strange Version

Same here. Can't edit key commands for Transport.

Command > EUCON > no list of proposed commands.


EUCON is useless [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]. nothing more, nothing less.
__________________
“An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.” - Charles Bukowski
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Xill Xill is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe
Posts: 296
Default Re: EUCON v.3 Strange Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTARI View Post
Same here. Can't edit key commands for Transport.

Command > EUCON > no list of proposed commands.


EUCON is useless [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]. nothing more, nothing less.
AVID buys stuff from other companies when they lack the expertise to keep it professional (Sibelius is another example, they even slacked the expertise...)

It's not hard to imagine how far Eucon would have gone if Euphonix had kept its property. Truth is since Avid bought the drivers the only noticeable positive change was the fader noise reduction. Piles of bugs were added faster than they are fixed.

We are talking bugs, not requested features: for examples some buttons are still not staying focused on the locked application, about 18 months after I first posted the bug here. How is that even possible? Obviously they do not have enough people working on it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-25-2013, 09:45 AM
Emcha_audio's Avatar
Emcha_audio Emcha_audio is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montréal, canada
Posts: 6,510
Default Re: EUCON v.3 Strange Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xill View Post
AVID buys stuff from other companies when they lack the expertise to keep it professional (Sibelius is another example, they even slacked the expertise...)

It's not hard to imagine how far Eucon would have gone if Euphonix had kept its property. Truth is since Avid bought the drivers the only noticeable positive change was the fader noise reduction. Piles of bugs were added faster than they are fixed.

We are talking bugs, not requested features: for examples some buttons are still not staying focused on the locked application, about 18 months after I first posted the bug here. How is that even possible? Obviously they do not have enough people working on it.
Euphonix didn't sell Eucon, Euphonix itself was bought by Avid, so the team that used to work on Eucon still works on Eucon. The S6 for example was a system that was already in the works by Euphonix and on which they are still working on. They have a new product that they still have to finish for it's release date and also fix the bugs in Eucon. As for Sibelius, have you actually checked the credentials of Bobby Lombardi, who is now the head of that product line? He is has a Doctoral of musical arts composition (which includes theory and writing as a composer), A master in Composition and has won the first prize in music composition from the royal conservatory of Liège in Belgium in '94. So let's give him a break a bit and see with a future release where that goes right?



Quote:
Originally Posted by jky View Post
Rather new to this forum ... I come to you for a subject that has done and is doing quite click the keyboard and the new Euphonix EuCon v3 (0.1).
In short, I have a MC Transport for my Pro Tools and everything works with ... I updated (as expected) to 3.0.1 and splatch .. Same as for v3. This means that I can not use it with Pro Tools or 10 or v11. It is recognized by the system (10.8.5), works very well with Mail, Final Cut ... but with Pro Tools is the great void, it appears that "Pro Tools .." and no way to display my "Command Key", the editor controls for EUCON is "EMPTY", nothing is proposed to me (see the attached picture.). If I come back to v2.7.1, I find all my commands.
I tried to copy my xml., But nothing works.
Anyway, if someone has an idea, I'm obviously interested! Thank you in advance.
........and Deole for my english
Jky, I'm on windows 7 ultimate and with an artist mix not the control, but have you tried to do a fresh install of the OS and pro tools and install 3.0.1 directly not installing 2.9.7? As I found out myself, with a fresh install there was no old files and/or registry keys that could skew the installation and now my Eucon software and artist mix are working.
__________________
Manny.

https://wn.nr/JWU7cA
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Artist PM's Avatar
Artist PM Artist PM is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: California
Posts: 251
Default Re: EUCON v.3 Strange Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTARI View Post
Same here. Can't edit key commands for Transport.

Command > EUCON > no list of proposed commands.


EUCON is useless [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]. nothing more, nothing less.
You're complaint is very vague. You don't indicate which app you are using. You haven't indicated whether you activated the EUCON adapter in the application. If you don't do that, you'll see no EUCON commands.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Artist Control check EUCON version on page 74 Audioartist Artist Series 1 04-18-2013 11:29 AM
[Logic Pro 9 & Artist Mix] Incompatible EuCon version at initialization w00fa Artist Series 26 04-05-2013 07:17 AM
EUCON 2_6_1 eucon discovery cant find ip klaukholm System 5 2 10-22-2011 01:01 PM
Eucon 2.6.1 and Cubase 6 wheels acting strange Led Artist Series 1 09-19-2011 08:41 PM
Strange issue when opening version 8.0 files pm mastering studio Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win) 0 01-09-2010 11:30 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:41 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com