Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2009, 12:25 PM

Default Hitting Play or Record, blue stop button lights up... delay

WIN XP SP3 PT8

Hello, I've been dealing with this issue for a long time, it's not a consistent problem either and it doesn't matter if I have a large or small session to provoke it.

When I simply hit Play (or F12 to record), the green Play Button lights up but so does the Blue Stop button and the session will not play. To get around this I simply hit Play (spacebar) two more times, once to stop the current play command (which actually isn't playing, it seems to be in idle with both green and blue lights still lit), and again to actually get the session to play. It usually actually plays (or records) after I do this, some times I need to repeat the procedure a few times to get it going.

The computer doesn't crash and PT rarely freezes. I get around this pretty quickly, clients don't even notice because I do it so quickly. Is there a setting that is making this happen, a bug or bad work flow?

Thanks for your time!
-Monty