Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2010, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Warning:go back to 8.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris75 View Post
Funny thing. I checked my RAM timing and found it to be off.(not sure why?) So I set it back to what it should be. Once I did that, the problem became WAY worse. I am at a loss here. Back to 8.01 I go.
I just talked with MattP who had the same issue. If you delete 8.0.3 and reinstall 8.0.1, you'll find that the issue will remain. The source of the problem is definitely the new drivers. Per our phone call, it sounds like your 8.0.1 image is corrupt. Restore your XP only image and reinstall 8.0.1 with a clean slate.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 01-14-2010, 06:02 AM

Really annoying hash noise. all this while i have been wondering the reason y this is happening then realised that every time i turn on my elastic audio to quantise in real time processing i get this hash sound. I did two thing one was to first go to my preference and disable elastic audio in new tracks ( pref/ Processing and uncheck enable elastic audio on new tracks) second thing i did was after my quantisation in real time mode i switched back to render mod. at least is working well for now. i did not do any adjustment in buffffffffffer what not..

All on Windows vista. 32-bt.
PT 8.0 Le
Old 01-14-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
I just talked with MattP who had the same issue. If you delete 8.0.3 and reinstall 8.0.1, you'll find that the issue will remain. The source of the problem is definitely the new drivers. Per our phone call, it sounds like your 8.0.1 image is corrupt. Restore your XP only image and reinstall 8.0.1 with a clean slate.

Shane
Right, just uninstalling 8.0.3 on the XP rig won't do it, you need to go back to an image or drive that has never seen it, it leaves a trail.

Good luick Kris, I hope your drummer is ok.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Space Cabin Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Right, just uninstalling 8.0.3 on the XP rig won't do it, you need to go back to an image or drive that has never seen it, it leaves a trail.

Good luick Kris, I hope your drummer is ok.
Hopefully I can get to my shop today. I have two sessions on opposite sides of town and have had no day off in a while.
I talked to the drummer today and he is fine, but still he will not finish up the tracks until I get rid of the noise blast.

I am a little calmer today, but yesterday I was irate. I will edit my first post to not be so "mean" although I am not sure I should

Kris
May the music move you
Old 01-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Space Cabin Audio

On a side note, I have thought about the noise blasts I had.
I have never had one when recording only 1 track at a time, which would explain why some would never see this, but only when recording multiple tracks. I regularly record 12 - 16 tracks at a time and fire them at the talent quite fast and as most are session musicians they want to get it done faster as they get paid by the job.

If it's union they don't care if I trouble shoot all day

Kris
May the music move you
Old 01-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Space Cabin Audio

Disregard my last post. I am working on a Core2 quad with WinXPSP3 PT 8.03 (not mine) and have now had it happen here as well. No recording, editing and playback only. (High Edit Density)
The warning still stands. They better do something about this or some unfortunate soul is gonna have hearing damage.

Kris
May the music move you
Old 01-14-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris75 View Post
The warning still stands.
I'm here to tell you, it's not just v.8. It's happening on all versions of 7 and 8 that I have used. A second or two of noise blast, usually when I hit play, but sometimes, it's already playing, and it just pops in. It's so pro they had to put it in the name so people would be convinced!!! Happened twice today, and I'm not on 8.03.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:20 PM

I too have had this happen over both versions of 8. I also get a crazy beep and then no audio and the only wayt o correct is to exit the session and reenter.

I guess i need to go back to the drawing board and find a post on the Asus p6t and start over. I am sick of the instability lately. I get "out of memory' errors after running big sessions and DFW.dll now i get other HUI.dll here and there. only thing that fixes is a restart of pro tools.

It's been stable at first but gotten progressively worse. And I still get this play/pause crap from time to time. Bottom line, it doesn't look professional to have to wrestle the thing in front of clients.
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)
Old 01-14-2010, 08:15 PM

Add me to the list.

After troublshooting TO DEATH I actually went out and bought a new motherboard ( Giga EX-58 UD3R ) and low and behold - after about a 2 weeks of no probs ... BANG back with the white noise. Started with some track cross talk on a bounce then a blast of white noise next time I hit play.

Dude I am so over this.

We need to digi to reply - I/We need answers or least acknowledgement that they are looking at it.

The last time this happened Digi called for sis reports from users to find a solution but alas we have heard nothing.

Plz Digi acknowledge that we exsist and have REAL problems.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:10 PM

What version P4Vi7...8.0.3?