Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2020, 12:35 PM

Default beat clock / midi clock inaccurate

Hello everyone, first post, first day with protools.

I cannot seem to find a solution for the inaccurate midi clock (beat clock). I tried all sorts of things, enable delay compensation for all 3 midi options, changing buffer size tweaking preferences etc but it seems that nothing helps, maybe its an actual bug?

Here is my setup: I send out a midi clock through USB to my endorphines shuttle control what controls my modular setup and converts this clock to actual cv and then feeds the new Pamela's workout what is a clock divider. This is one of the most stable things on the planet. It shows me that the clock is fluctuating between 122-127 and the clock is set to 125 in protools. I can literally hear that a single 1/16th note played once everyone bar fluctuates around a beat here and there. Its constant, so its not like that this would even out eventually, also looping doesn't seem to fix the issue. The shuttle control is not capable of mmc, so that out of the question. I'm on 44.1 with 256 sample latency, however, tried both 128 and 512 but no change. This is extremely frustrating as my setup needs to have an accurate clock coming from the DAW, both Cubase and ableton seem to be able to do this fairly well, so yes, other daws work just fine. Any ideas what could fix this problem?
Many thanks, R
Old 06-05-2020, 09:42 AM

Default Re: beat clock / midi clock inaccurate

bumps? nobody ever had this issue?