Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 01-29-2014, 03:06 PM

Default Quick Nexus 2 Install question

When Installing Nexus 2 on a Win-7 PC...is it possible to put the program on my C drive and the content folder with the samples on a different drive during installation? I haven't started the process yet, but wondered if that would be possible. If not, I may have to juggle some things around as my C drive is getting full.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Quick Nexus 2 Install question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
When Installing Nexus 2 on a Win-7 PC...is it possible to put the program on my C drive and the content folder with the samples on a different drive during installation? I haven't started the process yet, but wondered if that would be possible. If not, I may have to juggle some things around as my C drive is getting full.
Hey Donald

Just that exact question have been asked by several of us here in sweden and it seems like you have to install the Nexus2 content where it wants to be knstalled. Nexus makes its own content folder and thats where it places the expansions. We havent tried to move that as it ain't more than 17-18GB with all the expansions we have.

Also VERY IMPORTANT. When you installed NEXUS and authorized the eLicenser, you have to go into your account when you acces and buy expansions and download BOTH the Expansion and the Authorization file to the desktop, import them into Nexus from the system menu and press "desktop" If you place these files you wanna import anywhere else on the computer you will have issues and it won't authorize anything. We tried to download to another folder and Nexus refused to import the licenses into itself unless you have them on the desktop.

Allt this is covered in the manual and make sure to follow that to the T if you wanna have it working. reFX have AWESOME support and after MAX 30 minutes of sending in a support Ticket you have an answer mainly from Michael or Jessica and they solve everything right then and there. You pay nothing and it is one of the best support divisions I have ever seen

Sorry to go off topic here but back to your question, I would not move the sound expansions nor the library that comes with Nexus2. Inhave a ticket in for another question regarding our Vanguard and I will ask if we can move the libraries later on and let you know right away

Best of Luck
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-29-2014, 03:29 PM

Hey Thanks, Chris. ReFX does have 2 vids on Youtube on how to install the program and one on how to install the expansions. (I bought 5).

Old 01-29-2014, 03:36 PM

Nice

What expansions did you get?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-29-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Nice

What expansions did you get?
I'll have to go look! Omicron, 7 Skies Trance, Trance anthems were in there I know. Honestly...fried brain right now!

Old 01-29-2014, 06:26 PM

All installed and running! Even used Cthulhu on it! Just running thru the basic sounds. So far so good! I'll load the extra sound banks later!

Old 02-04-2014, 07:20 PM

my nexus2 content is on a sample drive, not the system drive. My expansion packs and content are in a folder called Nexus content. I think i installed them there, and then in Nexus pointed to that folder. It has been awhile so i may not remember correctly. If it didnt install there, then i found the content folder, made an alias and moved the content folder to the sample drive. Regardless,Nexus works great for me.

i am on a mac, not windows.

Chris

http://soundcloud.com/regenerationmix

http://twitter.com/regenerationmix

MacBook Pro, 2.4GHZ, 16GB, Intel Core i7, Mac OS 10.9.1 128 SSD internal HD, 750 GB Internal HD, Pro Tools 10.3.8, Digidesign 003r, Waves 8.0, Final Cut Pro 7
Old 02-04-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegenerationMix View Post
my nexus2 content is on a sample drive, not the system drive. My expansion packs and content are in a folder called Nexus content. I think i installed them there, and then in Nexus pointed to that folder. It has been awhile so i may not remember correctly. If it didnt install there, then i found the content folder, made an alias and moved the content folder to the sample drive. Regardless,Nexus works great for me.

i am on a mac, not windows.

Chris
Thanks for the tip, Chris. I'll have to check further on that...I seem to recall reading somewhere that that approach wouldn't work on Windows...but I'm not sure. That said, I do have all my EP's installed and it all works just great and sounds great. Thanks for tall the tips/tricks!

Old 02-05-2014, 12:00 PM

i need to amend my previous post. My Nexus content folder is on my system drive. My sample drive has a nexus content folder but its the backup for my nexus content.

Chris

http://soundcloud.com/regenerationmix

http://twitter.com/regenerationmix

MacBook Pro, 2.4GHZ, 16GB, Intel Core i7, Mac OS 10.9.1 128 SSD internal HD, 750 GB Internal HD, Pro Tools 10.3.8, Digidesign 003r, Waves 8.0, Final Cut Pro 7
Old 03-12-2017, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Quick Nexus 2 Install question mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegenerationMix View Post
i need to amend my previous post. My Nexus content folder is on my system drive. My sample drive has a nexus content folder but its the backup for my nexus content.

Chris
hi Chris i also wanted to know in your previous post to this u stated that u had nexus content and samples on external using alias in mac did that work as it muddled my installation up last night so before i try install again just want to make sure u got it to work as i have a small internal hdd and wanted to store them on external if it did did u put the whole content folder there or just samples as i put just the samples and i ran into problems