Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2008, 09:39 AM

Default Bit Depth & Sample Rate...

Hey All...

Is there a way to check to see the sample rate and bit depth of previously recorded sesions?

I've just been using 44.1 & 16 bit so far...Just starting out with PT.... I have noticed since I first loaded PT that is was automatically defaulting to 24 bit since the first time I started the program.

I'm ok with that because once I starting doing some more serious recording I'll use 24 bit 44.1.

Right now I'm just fiddling aroung with some trial and error recordings trying to get to know Pro tools.

Anyway...when I first started PT is was defaulting to 24 bit and I was manually selecting 16 bit for each of my sessions.

After a while, when I started a new session it was defaulting to 16 bit automatically, so I figured it was just folling my previous commands.

Now I just realized in starting a new session that it is defaulting to 24 bit again.

I'm not sure when this started and I'd like to check to see what bit depth my previous few sessions were recorded at.

How can I check this?

Thanks
Old 02-12-2008, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Bit Depth & Sample Rate...

Quote:
Hey All...

Is there a way to check to see the sample rate and bit depth of previously recorded sesions?

I've just been using 44.1 & 16 bit so far...Just starting out with PT.... I have noticed since I first loaded PT that is was automatically defaulting to 24 bit since the first time I started the program.

I'm ok with that because once I starting doing some more serious recording I'll use 24 bit 44.1.

Right now I'm just fiddling aroung with some trial and error recordings trying to get to know Pro tools.

Anyway...when I first started PT is was defaulting to 24 bit and I was manually selecting 16 bit for each of my sessions.

After a while, when I started a new session it was defaulting to 16 bit automatically, so I figured it was just folling my previous commands.

Now I just realized in starting a new session that it is defaulting to 24 bit again.

I'm not sure when this started and I'd like to check to see what bit depth my previous few sessions were recorded at.

How can I check this?

Thanks
you can change your default session settings in preferences I believe as with many pro-tools things to do with session defaults. If you wanna check what I would advise doing is opening up pro-tools and use the import session data function as it will tell you what the session details are when you try to import them as pro-tools needs to know if it has to do any file conversions
Old 02-10-2017, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Bit Depth & Sample Rate...

Setup -> Session