Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2017, 04:38 PM

Default Re: New PT Prefs helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
Hi Adam,
I'm not sure you're going to be able to retrieve your plugin preset with PT Prefs. Lets try though! Firstly, what version of OSX & Pro Tools are you on?

Pete
OS X 10.10.5 - PT 12.4

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:58 AM

The default location (on PT11 onwards) is ~/Documents/Pro Tools/Plug-In Settings - the ~ symbol means username. So if you go into your Documents folder there should be a folder called Pro Tools, in that should be a folder called Plugin Settings and in that should be all the different plugin settings and folders. (This is the default location, some plugins - such as Waves - store the presets elsewhere). If you can see all the preset files there PT Prefs May be able to help you. If not, unless you have a backup, there's nothing you can do and it's reinstall time I'm afraid.

Pete
Old 01-17-2017, 07:50 PM

Hey pete, feature request: a way to export the plugin list to text.

Thanks as always for your great app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Producer//Mixer//Bassist//Composer

benrubin.com

------------
PT Ultimate 2024.3, Mac Studio M1 Max, 64Gb RAM, Mac OSX 13.6.4, SSD sample drive,
Neve 8816, HD Native Thunderbolt, (2) Lynx Aurora 16, Benchmark DAC-1/ADC-1
Old 01-18-2017, 12:08 AM

Sure, that's pretty easy.

Pete
Old 01-18-2017, 08:34 AM

I was able to get my presets back by deleting some files. I found a procedure to follow on the avid site that worked great.

I'm having one more plugin problem currently. It's with the Trim plugin. It's in my plugin folder, but it doesn't load when I open PT. From what I've been told it should be in the AudioSuite drop down menu under Other, but it's neither there or in any other category in that menu. Do you have any idea on how I can get it to load?

Thanks,
-Adam
Old 02-20-2017, 01:13 PM

PG PT Session now has PDF export functionality for ADR sheets.

PG PT Session.html

Pete
Old 02-21-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Avid and this software was not created, tested, or officially recommended by Avid or any of its agents.

This and other free Pro Tools related utilities are now available at:

http://www.petegates.com

LATEST DOWNLOAD - V 1.6.15: https://www.dropbox.com/pgptptrefs
Requires Mac OSX 10.7 or above. Archived 10.6.8 compatible version at bottom but don't use that unless you absolutely need to, it's obsolete.

PT Prefs is a utility program for Mac OSX which can delete / backup / restore various preference and support files - Pro Tools preference trashing in other words! It doesn't delete any essential system files, they are all just settings which at worst can be manually re-entered. Sometimes Pro Tools benefits from having these files cleared out (after a crash/blackout etc) - Pro Tools remakes them with default settings when it is run next. Therefore if you are unsure which options to check it is safe to check them all, in fact if you are running this software due to a problem rather than as a matter of course I would recommend trashing all preferences, it's more likely to solve the problem.

It's freeware, anyone is welcome to use it - but, and I cannot emphasise this enough at their own risk. It is not extensively tested on multiple OSX versions. Always have your system backed up. I will endeavour to fix the software if any problems arise though this software is provided free and not under any explicit or implied contract of service or warranty so treat it as such.

Any problems/queries/suggestions, keep them to this thread.

Pete

ARCHIVED OSX 10.6.8 version - V 1.6.4: https://www.dropbox.com/pgptprefsold
Only use this one if you're on OSX 10.6.8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NomadicWax.com
Old 08-17-2017, 03:13 PM

1.6.16 up. No functionality change, just fixed the version checking.

Looking at how to proceed with this project, as it basically does what people need. I don't know if there's any need for any major changes. If people disagree and have any thoughts/suggestions/requirements please share.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 09-08-2017, 07:59 AM

Hi Pete.
I love this app. I use it on every system I setup, and preach about it to everyone I know!

I do have one suggestion. While the app warns you multiple times with "Are You Sure..." warnings when restoring prefs, it has no warning at all when backing up prefs. I have on occasion accidentally overwritten my backup prefs, by mis-clicking when restoring in a hurry. I have actually started making a copy of the PT Prefs backup folder, in case that happens. It would be great to have an "Are You Sure..." warning when backing up prefs as well.

My 2¢.
Thanks!!
Old 10-10-2017, 05:20 AM

Hi Pete - I've used and loved your app for some years now, but the new one (in Mac OS 10.13) now throws up this error: An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down.
Any solution?