Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 03-02-2024, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Free AAX Plug-Ins

How about many of these awfully designed and implemented programs, Link being amongst the worst, but Softube Central is also a mess. It had a bug affecting lots of users where it would not install on macOS that was solved recently. My install now will not log on. And the UX is a poor design mess. E.g. it tells you to login but login is buried under settings. If you need to login put that button on the startup page. And things like login or install attempts fail with no useful clue in the progress or error messages. Such basic clueless design just makes me cringe, given how nice Softube plugins are how did they screw this stuff up?

Shout out to Toontrack who actually have done this well, I have never had a problem with their software manager.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
How about many of these awfully designed and implemented programs, Link being amongst the worst, but Softube Central is also a mess. It had a bug affecting lots of users where it would not install on macOS that was solved recently. My install now will not log on. And the UX is a poor design mess. E.g. it tells you to login but login is buried under settings. If you need to login put that button on the startup page. And things like login or install attempts fail with no useful clue in the progress or error messages. Such basic clueless design just makes me cringe, given how nice Softube plugins are how did they screw this stuff up?

Shout out to Toontrack who actually have done this well, I have never had a problem with their software manager.
I think TT's is the best of them. Softube's, not so much. Great audio developers aren't always the best at ergonomic and UI coding. Softube is getting better with this though.
Old 03-06-2024, 10:06 PM

About Softube - All Done!
Everything is installed. 🤘
This is my first product from Softube, thanks for advertising!
Old 03-11-2024, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post

Yep, had some issues with Softube also.

I'll never forget the first 2 years of elicenser on Mac either. Torture. devices constantly disappearing, plugins failing to find licenses, etc.

The only one that has worked for me 100%, I guess I have been lucky, is iLok, as I was never affected in the old days with the Windows BSOD issue. I just wish everything was on my one ilok key.

The other one that has caused me to lose sleep is Arturia command center on Windows. Been fine on Mac though.
Old 04-11-2024, 02:34 AM

DDMF releases new freeware reverb

“Welcome to Endless, a reverb that specializes in creating huge, ethereal, out of this world spaces with seemingly endless (get it? ;-)) decay. Ideal for film scores, ambient or larger-than-life sounds. Apart from your standard reverb controls, a little extra are special fx to create detuning and sparkle in the reverb tail.’

https://ddmf.eu/freeware/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Sy...ew?usp=sharing
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!

Last edited by unkJE; 04-11-2024 at 03:31 AM. Reason: added pic