How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2019, 01:03 PM

Default Missing presets for all Air effects and instruments

Missing presets for all Air effects and instruments

(1) I thought that the issue might have been installation related so I uninstalled all of my Air effects and instruments and reinstalled them, but that didn't work.

(2) The preset folders for each plugin in the Air Music Technology folder are empty. C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\Air Music Technology\

(3) I did find however, in C:\Program Files\Air Music Technology, there were these folders: Boom, Factory Content, Mini Grand, Xpand2. Not sure what the Factory content one is for, but do the other ones contain the sounds? They are .big files.

(4) Inside PT, I looked in my Operation Preferences and it's using OneDrive locations for Project Media Cache and Sound Libraries. These are C:\Users\MyUserName\OneDrive\Documents\Pro Tools\Project Cache\ and C:\Users\MyUserName\OneDrive\Documents\Pro Tools\Sound Libraries\ respectively. They are both empty. Are these folders strictly for projects and sounds that the user creates? I might be barking up the wrong tree with this one.

(5) All of my other Avid and third party plugins work, so I'm wondering if the Air files files are in the wrong location(s).

I Found a thread in the forum about a similar problem, but with no solution.

If you need any other info to help determine the issue, just let me know. Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Lenovo Yoga 710 laptop with Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 238 GB SSD, Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, Running PT 12 on Windows 10.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Missing presets for all Air effects and instruments

The presets for all the plugins are suppose to be here by default: C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings. If they are there and you're not seeing them, maybe you changed the location in PT Preferences --> Operation --> User Media and Settings Location --> Documentation and Settings. You can also check to see if they are in your Onedrive\Documents\Pro Tools folder and if so, move them to your user Documents folder or change the default location in Preferences. If you change the location, be aware that it effects more than just plug presets.
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1