Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2019, 03:04 AM

Default Re: Session Audio files disappeared. Looking for backup software recommendation.

Darryl has nice little script.

Those of you who are not so UNIX savvy, the script file is made executable with this command:

Code:
chmod 755 yourscripname.sh
This script of Darryl's really only creates a backup of the given folder, so it is most effective if you have done a Save Copy In (with items to copy: audio files ticked) just before, to make sure all audio files are in the session folder.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Session Audio files disappeared. Looking for backup software recommendation.

I found a program that is only 20 bucks and looks really great. I like the scheduled stealth backups. This may be the perfect one for me as I am more interested in directory backups and synchronization. It has many other features as the cc5 as well but is somewhat different in philosophy. Ill need to look for reviews to see what folks think.

https://www.belightsoft.com/products/getbackup/
Old 10-18-2019, 01:08 PM

How are you cloning your boot drive? How will you recover the OS, Pro Tools, all plugins and samples etc.? When the boot drive fails? For that I would use CCC and CCC only... so then once you have that can it do what else you need?

If all you want to do is backup a single folder, I would use a simple few command lines, like above. Not too hard to automate that as well if needed.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:35 PM

See below this supports that and even has an option to restore to a new system. Seems thorough. I am not refusing ccc5. I downloaded both but this here offers a simple directory based backup. I have both demos but I always believe its good to check multiple options and the price is low so having a gui is nice.

Disk Cloning

Use the Cloner to create bootable backups to get back to work after a crash with absolutely no delay.
Backup incrementally after the first initial cloning to save you time and disk space.
Clone any disk volume whether it be a system disk or a volume on external hard drive. Both APFS (Apple File System) and HFS+ (Mac OS Extended) are supported.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:52 PM

Remember... many programs can do backup, but what you really need is the ability to RESTORE.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Remember... many programs can do backup, but what you really need is the ability to RESTORE.
Understood.