Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2014, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Arturia V Collection 4

The only issue I've had is with the new Matrix 12 - big CPU spikes (100%, then settling back down to 30% usage) - which is still very high for a VI. Similar behaviour in Logic X; high CPU usage (but without the spikes).

I've never however had a problem with Arturia support; they've always been friendly, helpful & quick to respond.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::F-L-E-X:: View Post
The only issue I've had is with the new Matrix 12 - big CPU spikes (100%, then settling back down to 30% usage) - which is still very high for a VI. Similar behaviour in Logic X; high CPU usage (but without the spikes).

I've never however had a problem with Arturia support; they've always been friendly, helpful & quick to respond.
Haven't watched the cpu meter in standalone so can't comment on that. Are you trying in standalone when you quote that number or inside PT? And if inside PT - what version and what operating system?

Have you noticed that the output of the Matrix 12 is a lot softer than all the other Arturia synths? Even with volume at max it's way quieter than the others.

As to Arturia support - good you're having no problem with them. Several people have complained to them about bugs in some of the synths that have existed for years and still exist and aren't getting fixed. Yet Arturia spends development time on new synths that have issues.

QAPLA!
Old 12-31-2014, 03:16 AM

Sorry for the late reply on this one...

I'm monitoring CPU in PT 11.3 on Mac OS 10.8.5 (MacBook Retina, Quad 2.7, i7, 16GB).

The reason I was checking was because 11.3's memory usage seems to be higher than previous PT versions (7% in an empty project with no tracks or plugs). The memory buffers also do not appear to fully clear when removing a plug-in; ie. memory usage will go up to say 14%, then revert back to 11% (instead of 7%) when removing a plug-in. I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour, but it could be a problem in large sessions.

I haven't noticed the lower volume output of the Matrix, but haven't really had a chance to fully roadtest it yet.

BTW, I know what bad support is like (I'm having similar issues with Motu & BPM!) - just that I've only had positive experiences with Arturia.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:04 PM

Unfortunately, you are an extremely rare case in regards to Arturia support. In my case, when asked to go further in looking into the issue that I was reporting they simply didn't return e-mails after awhile. Totally unprofessional no matter how you look at it.