Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 12:29 AM

Default Pro Tools 7 is BROKEN!!!!!!!!!

So, just stepped up to PTLE 7 from PTLE 6.7.

Window positions when using two video monitors are NOT recalled correctly anymore! I see about 1/4" of the edit and mixer windows in the far left that I have to stretch, drag, then resize every time I open a file. Window positions are NOT remembered! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!

BTW, it works in a primary monitor left configuration, but not primary monitor right.

Where can I report HORRIBLE bugs like these?

This was not a problem in 6, 6.1, 6.4, 6.7, etc. Only in 7 and 7.1.

Regards,

Matt
Old 04-28-2006, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 7 is BROKEN!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the new window system is, well, weird.

Try exiting the program through ctrl-right-clicking the Pro Tools program in the windows taskbar (next to the start menu) once you've got your windows set up as you like them. This should store your window settings. I found this on the DUC (but can't find where!) and I think it worked...! I believe it's a Windows convention.

This thread is part of the same thing and might help: click here

That might shed some light - I don't think Digi see a problem. With my 1280x800 widescreen laptop, I now can't see a whole track at the largest height setting unless I start removing info bars (markers, tempo, etc) because of the pointless blue bar brought in by the new window system.

PT7 is a really good update, but with so many petty issues (invisible notes, over-complicated zoom toggle, forgetting window arrangements, wasting screen space, start menu weirdness, etc) it's a strange one, too.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:39 AM

Actually, I don't think that's the issue. I'll try what they were recommending in the other thread though.

My issue is that when I open a project it looks like a completly blank screen. Then I can just barely see a few pixels of some window on the left side of the screen. Those, unfortunately are my project edit and mix windows. I have to grab those sides and stretch so that I have enough pixels to see enough of the top bar that I can drag the window to pull it onto the screen so that it's visible. Nearly all menus and error messages appear in the same place (basically invisible, as just a few pixels of the entire window are actually showing).

As is, I can't work, so I've been using another app. If this keeps up, out the door with Digi, as there's better hardware for the money (like my RME setup).
Old 04-28-2006, 08:55 AM

Have you tried upping your display resolution ?

cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 04-28-2006, 09:14 AM

I'm running 1024 x 768 - the maximum for my LCD displays, and it's simply a Digi window positioning issue. If anyone runs two monitors with the primary monitor on the right, this will happen. If I run primary monitor on the left, the issue is not such a big deal, because I can see my windows fine, as they appear in the left most monitor (primary). That is ABSOLUTELY NOT the way I want my monitors and is completely backward from the way I work. The primary monitor should be on the RIGHT!!!!!!! haha
Old 04-28-2006, 09:15 AM

Can you get Pro Tools to remember any window setups with the ctrl-right click-close thing?
Old 04-28-2006, 09:22 AM

I'll try that when I'm back at the studio a bit later. Fingers crossed!
Old 04-28-2006, 09:24 AM

Of course, then I'll still have all the error messages and sub windows that pop up essentially off screen...
Old 04-28-2006, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Can you get Pro Tools to remember any window setups with the ctrl-right click-close thing?
Couldn't get this to do anything. Also, there's nothing in the manual anywhere - where can I find this to make sure I'm doing it correctly?
Old 04-29-2006, 05:31 PM

Can anyone clarify the ctrl clicking trick please?