Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2018, 08:48 AM

Default VCA Spill Newbie Question

I got a 2nd Gen. iPad for my birthday and loaded the PT Control App and the latest drivers for it, along with doing the same on my PC. I now have it working with my Artist Series gear (Euphonix Branded MC Control, 2 Mix and a Transport). Note that it's controlling Nuendo 8.3.15, as this is my primary DAW.

I am experiencing typical "growing Pains" with getting everything to work together. The first time I started scrolling through the pages on the app I got an ERROR MESSAGE STATING THAT I HAD EXCEEDED THE ALLOWED NUMBER OF TRACKS and that this might make the app unstable ( In all of my research on this, I never heard anything about a track number limitation). 2 minutes later Eucon crashed. I did a reboot and everything came back online. But my cursor stayed in a permanent buffer view, though it worked fine on every control IN NUENDO, which indicates that ALL of the issues are with the controllers now.

Finally, I have several tracks grouped with secondary VCAs and VCA masters. But I can't seem to get the spill procedure to work. I've seen 3 videos on it, 2 using an S3 and 1 using a Dock with Artist Mix.

The S3 videos say to double click the select button on the VCA master to launch the spill. This doesn't work on the Artist Series hardware. The Artist Series Video said that I needed to attention the VCA master ON THE APP to launch the spill. But, with the constant Eucon Crashes, It's not working.

Eucon 3.6, the hardware and Nuendo 8 were working at a near ROCK SOLID STATUS! I was really looking forward to the expanded features that the PT App would provide. But I've got to have a stable system to WORK! So I need to get this back to a reliable status quickly, or I'll have to go back to 3.6 without the app and I'll put the iPad back on ebay for sale.

Can anyone here help me sort this out?

Last edited by KeyplayerG; 12-26-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-26-2018, 07:48 PM

Default Re: VCA Spill Newbie Question

Anybody? This is TOTALLY UNUSABLE in this current setup. The app is causing immediate and total crashes in Eucon! There MUST be something that has to be adjusted to get this to work. Can someone tell me HOW to get the App to work with the hardware?!!?
Old 12-27-2018, 12:34 AM
Avid

VCA Spill is for PT only. The crashes sound like a software install issue or possibly something in Nuendo causing it. Where was the too many tracks message...Nuendo, Control App or EuControl ?
Old 12-27-2018, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
VCA Spill is for PT only. The crashes sound like a software install issue or possibly something in Nuendo causing it. Where was the too many tracks message...Nuendo, Control App or EuControl ?
The Tracks error message was in Nuendo (Screenshot 1)
The subsequent error messages were from Avid just before the Eucon Crash.

I don't get it. The install was flawless. I installed V.3.7 on both Nuendo and PT Control and was told immediately that both versions were not suitable in the Eucon Window. I then uploaded 2018 and the App sprang to life, showed up in my surfaces list and worked until I went to the "Chicklets page!"

What happened?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT App Error Message 01.jpg (59.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PT App Error Message 02.jpg (59.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PT App Error Message 03.jpg (59.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-27-2018, 06:43 AM
Avid

You need to be running 18.3 on everything if you are using the iPad App (as its only compatible with that) Sounds like something is not right with the install.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
You need to be running 18.3 on everything if you are using the iPad App (as its only compatible with that) Sounds like something is not right with the install.
I'm running 18.3.0.244. Should I re-install it? Also, where do I look on the iPad to see the info on the Eucon download? I'm a PC Guy. I know NOTHING about Apple products! I went to settings, as I would on my Android phone to find the Apps Section. No such section. I did see the PT Control App listed at the bottom. When I opened the link, it only showed Access options. I can't find the Eucon ANYWHERE. Where's the Download Folder?

Last edited by KeyplayerG; 12-27-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:40 AM

I Un-installed and Re-installed 18.3.0.244. I only chose the top of the list,
"S3/Dock/Artist/PT|Control" Should I have also installed Eucon Workstation?

I also checked the iPad. I downloaded 18.3 again. It's driving me crazy not being able to see WHERE THE FILE GOES! I can see the file upon download. It asks me if I want it to go to save in my files. I say yes. I open my files folder and I don't see it, even after I search for it! I've tried copy and save. I hit the copy but when I go to the folder to paste, there's no menu of any kind to paste! I selected the Recents option. Empty! This is so frustrating!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT App Error Message 05_Eucon Installer.jpg (45.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by KeyplayerG; 12-27-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:43 AM

Your ranting makes absolutely no sense and nearly impossible for anyone to help you.
Old 12-27-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Your ranting makes absolutely no sense and nearly impossible for anyone to help you.
What Ranting?!!? I'm asking questions about what to try to sort out a problem. If you're not offering to help, I'm not interested in your comments.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:11 PM

Well, I made SOME progress. The app works fine as long as I DON'T TOUCH THE TRACKS PAGE. This, of course, is clearly NOT how this is supposed to work. But it's a little progress. Now, I need to figure out how to get the entire program to work.