Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2013, 06:54 PM

Default Please Help! Click track shows signal but no sound.

Windows 7 + PT 10

A click track was created with the default click software plug-in.
As an option I have also created a click track using TL Metro.
Click is enabled
Metronome icon is on (blue)

The signal meter shows the click but no sound either for playback or record.

I CAN hear sound on a MIDI track. Only the click track does not work.

I TRIED with no results:

1. Re-starting
2. Deleting and creating a new click track.
3. Inserting it on the Master Track
4. TL Metro also has no sound

You help is really appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Please Help! Click track shows signal but no sound.

Is 'Main output 1-2' selected on the click track channel strip output selector?

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 09-04-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
Is 'Main output 1-2' selected on the click track channel strip output selector?
Hi Zedhed,

Yes, it is. This is at a school where there are 4 computers with the same set up.

The other 3 are working ok.

I am just puzzled at this one. As I mentioned, the MIDI Tracks are working.

Have you re-installed the program? Does this sound like a glitch?

Please let me know if something else comes to mind.

THANKS!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:16 AM

And you are absolutely sure the click plugin is not in bypass mode, an awfully common/easy mistake to make.

Also try delete the click track and creating again with Track>Create Click Track.

Try to create a entirely new blank session, not from template and add a click track with Track>Create Click Track.

What is setup>Click/Countoff set to? Yes if the meters move, that is not the issue. But just set it on for everything.

What is the click plugin volumes set to?

You could try default the IO, but I doubt that will help.

What happens if you move the working session from a good system to the one not working? Yes I know you should not have to/this is not complex but try.

Are the PT installs/versions identical? Are the click plugins you are absolutely using identical (file sizes/versions?).

Screenshots of the edit and mix window and click plugin window showing as much info/detail as you can may help.

Darryl
Old 09-05-2013, 06:21 AM

After making what darryl said please tell what audio interface youre using....
Old 09-05-2013, 07:25 AM

Can you post a screen shot of the MIX window? Do you have any Arturia plugins running on this computer?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-05-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
And you are absolutely sure the click plugin is not in bypass mode, an awfully common/easy mistake to make.

Also try delete the click track and creating again with Track>Create Click Track.
TRIED ALREADY

Try to create a entirely new blank session, not from template and add a click track with Track>Create Click Track.
OK

What is setup>Click/Countoff set to? Yes if the meters move, that is not the issue. But just set it on for everything.
I TRIED ALREADY

What is the click plugin volumes set to?
DEFAULT, BUT I TRIED TO RAISE THEM and if I max it out and max out the Master I can hear it but barely, so, there's still something going on.

You could try default the IO, but I doubt that will help.
I'VE CHECKED THAT

What happens if you move the working session from a good system to the one not working? Yes I know you should not have to/this is not complex but try.
I WILL TRY THAT

Are the PT installs/versions identical? Are the click plugins you are absolutely using identical (file sizes/versions?).
YES
Screenshots of the edit and mix window and click plugin window showing as much info/detail as you can may help.

Darryl
Darryl, I teach at a school that caters for students with a variety of disorders. They don't have money to spare so, as weird as this sounds, they've bypassed the interface and plug PT directly on the computer. I understand this is a big no-no but, I gotta work with what I have. I will be there on Monday and will try your suggestions, I will also get some screen shots. THANKS for your tips!

Sergio
Old 09-05-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
After making what darryl said please tell what audio interface youre using....
Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Can you post a screen shot of the MIX window? Do you have any Arturia plugins running on this computer?
Hi Dave and Jeam, I teach at a school that caters for students with a variety of disorders. They don't have money to spare so, as weird as this sounds, they've bypassed the interface and plug PT directly on the computer. I understand this is a big no-no but, I gotta work with what I have. I will be there on Monday and will try your suggestions, I will also get some screen shots. THANKS for your tips!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama View Post
Darryl, I teach at a school that caters for students with a variety of disorders. They don't have money to spare so, as weird as this sounds, they've bypassed the interface and plug PT directly on the computer. I understand this is a big no-no but, I gotta work with what I have. I will be there on Monday and will try your suggestions, I will also get some screen shots. THANKS for your tips!

Sergio
I don't follow all you are saying. You mean that the computers are using built in audio as the playback engine? There is nothing wrong with that at all. It's nopt bypassing an interface, its using the built in audio device as an interface. Pro Tools will *not* run without at least an output interface.

Are all these computers absolutely identical? How do you know? are the disk drives imaged off a common image etc? Can you just reimage this one?

Does the PC with problem play other audio sounds though Pro Tools and other applications/systems sounds OK? Or at a lower volume? Is it just an issue with say the ASIO4ALL/audio card settings that a student might have messed with? You want to look at the Windows audio settigns, make sure the device assigned to system sound and the levels are all the same on all the PCs.

What exact audio card/device in in the PC? What version of ASIO4ALL etc? Post a Sandra report, even better post a Sandra report for a PC that works and the one that does not. Screen shots of ASIO4ALL settings and Windows Audio Control Panel would be nice.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I don't follow all you are saying. You mean that the computers are using built in audio as the playback engine? There is nothing wrong with that at all. It's nopt bypassing an interface, its using the built in audio device as an interface. Pro Tools will *not* run without at least an output interface.

Are all these computers absolutely identical? How do you know? are the disk drives imaged off a common image etc? Can you just reimage this one?

Does the PC with problem play other audio sounds though Pro Tools and other applications/systems sounds OK? Or at a lower volume?
YES, everything is normal, just the click track is acting up

Is it just an issue with say the ASIO4ALL/audio card settings that a student might have messed with? You want to look at the Windows audio settigns, make sure the device assigned to system sound and the levels are all the same on all the PCs.

What exact audio card/device in in the PC? What version of ASIO4ALL etc? Post a Sandra report, even better post a Sandra report for a PC that works and the one that does not. Screen shots of ASIO4ALL settings and Windows Audio Control Panel would be nice.
I will get these for you

Darryl,

There is a tech person there (not for ProTools, though) that may help answering the points you brought up (audio/card, ASIO4ALL) as I am not so knowledgeable. I will be there this coming week and get back here (hopefully) with some updates. THANKS!!!