Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2012, 01:39 PM

Default Select Multiple in Bin. Select Multiple In Timeline???

I can't figure out how to do this.. It's sort of a strange thing, but it is a huge time saver for splitting out dialogue tracks from a video editor.

I want to make multiple selections in the audio files bin, then have those multiple selections I've made in the bin remain selected in the timeline so that I can move all of those clips from one track to a new track.

The purpose is to speed the process of tracks splitting by "character/subject". The assistant editor was great and he named all of the audio clips per "subject" so I can do a "FInd" in the bin. BUT if I select more then one clip in the bin ONLY the last selected file is highlighted.

If you make multiple selections from the timeline those multiple selections in the bin are highlighted... but this is the reverse of what I want to do. Unfortunately you can not do a "Find" command from the timeline, only the bin.

Any tips? I even changed the Grabber tool to "Object" mode and it still did not work.

I'm a mixer, not primarily a DX editor, so I'm sure you guys have already figured this out.

Thanks!

Jonathon