Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2012, 05:16 PM

Default Access violation occurred

Hey guys. I have a problem. First off, these are my specs: windows xp, pro tools 8.0.0.5 and the mini Mbox. I have a pro tools sessions that is giving me problems. I constantly get the error [Assertion in "..\..\FF\Audio\Elastic\\FF_PacketStreams line 38] I also get this error when ever I scroll left and right or up and down, [ Access violation occurred, 0x1F708000 at address: 0x1015A6AD in module: CFnd.dll]. However, when I bounce the track it runs smooth and the bounced product doesn't have any problems with it. I need to remix the whole session but it is not only nerve racking but time consuming when everytime i scroll up, down, left and right this error pops up. Can someone please help me, I appreciate the support. Thanks
Old 02-20-2012, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Access violation occurred

Probably be best if you post a Sandra Report to start with. You'll likely get more help as this may be a hardware problem;

Use SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application to generate a full system profile:

www.sisoftware.co.uk

Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions. After installing Sandra, click on the 'Hardware' tab and run the 'Computer Overview', then copy and paste into your post here on the DUC.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 02-20-2012, 06:44 PM

Thanks but the errors only occur with that specific session. Every other session runs perfect. It is just the one session i am having a problem with.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:27 PM

The session itself may be corrupt. Create a new session and import the session data from the problem session. This may solve the problem.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 03-17-2012, 07:06 AM

i've just been searching around for clues about access violation, due to the fact that i have been unable to load any sessions into protools (protools software has loaded, but couldnt get any sessions in).

i closed protools, with the idea of uninstalling and reinstalling, when i noticed that my computer was busy updating apple quicktime via the web. when that finished, i reloaded protools and the sessions loaded fine.

in this context, i figure that the access violation was caused by an external piece of software running a concurrent update.

having said that, i am quite familiar with access violation messages, on a variety of machines, with different versions of protools etc etc etc but am sure they often appear in other contexts. (for a recent example, after installing, and also after ininstalling, novation's automap software, i got an access violation message during the protools boot-up i.e. i couldnt even load protools at all)

my basic questions are:

what does access violation mean?
what do those numbers mean? (0x0000000005784XYZ, 0x4358763576ABC)
what is a .dll file and how do those numbers relate to it

i.e. even before looking for the causes, i want to know what the message is trying to tell me. what's the point of an error message that is indecipherable from the point of view of the user? some error messages are, at the least comprehensible, and sometimes even offer possible solutions! not this one.